Penthouse Suite 9212 on Spirit

seacats

I'll give you a verbal description of the Gemini Suite, Cabin 9212 on the Spirit. We were there in January 2007 and loved it.

The AD is like two staterooms combined together. One half is the "dining/bar" area and sitting area with the sliding door to the balcony. There is a love seat sized couch and two lounge chairs in the sitting area. The dining area has a card table sized table with four chairs. There is a cabinet under the bar that you can store things in. There is a refrigerator in the suite. The balcony door is on this side. The full wall window is covered with drapes that can be easily opened all the way.

The balcony is plenty wide (side to side) but not real wide (cabin to rail is maybe 3 feet. We had a small table and two chairs, no lounger. It was fine for the two of us and occasional company. We did eat breakfast out there a couple of times. Enjoyed sail away from it always.

The other side, seperated by by a pocket door, has the bedroom (seemed like a short king-sized bed) with a decent sized closet, five drawers under the cabinet in the corner that has a 2nd TV you can watch from bed. Bedroom lighting is dim, particularly with the rich dark paneling. There is a "table" on either side of the bed.

The really spacious bath is at the balcony end of this side. There are heavy curtains you can close between the bath and bedroom if you want. There are 2 sinks, a whirlpool tub that looks out a window to the balcony and the ocean as does the seperate shower. (It really is private but blinds are provided.) There is a seperate toilet stall with a glass door with strategically placed frosting. There is a seperate lighted vanity that includes four small drawers. I loved this and immediately claimed it as mine.

There was occasional engine vibration but we were not bothered by this at all. At times DH joked we had a vibrator bed, but I didn't notice it.

We did have to stuff a wash cloth between the pocket door and the wall one night when the seas were rough to keep it from rattling and eventually closing. Even though the shower has a door rather than a curtain, we somehow had a "flood" on the floor outside the shower stall. From then on we used the tub mat laid up against the door and had no problems.

We enjoyed our time in this cabin and had more than ample room for the two of us and occasional company.

Seacats - We had 9212 in October 2007 and I don't think a lounger would fit. The space between the bulkhead and rail is tight for that (unless you put it the "long" way and climb into it sort of head first move). I like a larger balcony to be able to sit and enjoy outside with the ability to move around a lot.

We didn't like the room as much as others we have had. The bathroom, for us, was unusual due to the "drapes" that separate it from the bed area. Granted the toilet is in it's own "cubicle"; however, I like baths and DH would like to lie down, so to draw the drapes would cut off light from the outside for him. Not horrible, just inconvient for the way we like to hang out during down time.

Also, I'm a night owl and would have preferred a sofa rather than the loveseat in the living room so I could relax and watch TV when DH went to bed. Not a deal-breaker, but just a comfort issue since I'll stay up to 4 or 5 AM to watch TV and then he's up at 6AM to start his day.

The room is really adorable though - as are the public spaces on the ship. I love the Asian motif. Absolultely lovely and a nice change-of-pace from the other ships I've been aboard.

Seacats - we had 9212 last week. There were two loungers, two chairs and a small table on the balcony. The loungers were sideways and at each end of the balcony. It was tight but we often had six people out there. It was our first time for a suite and we enjoyed it.

Margaret

Lafayette, LA

• 1 year later...

Archived