question about driving from Kissimmee to Ft Lauderdale

cblcop

We are in Ocala, about 90 min north of you, and it takes us about 5 hours. We don't go at break-neck speeds, and usually stop at least once. The turnpike is the quickest route, but also expensive. We usually make our way over to I95 and take it all the way down. And we'll be making that trip twice this year, once for Fascination, and again for Carnival Freedom!

I live in Kissimmee and have cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale quite a few times. It takes us 3 hours to get there and we use the turnpike the whole way. It's worth the toll charge to avoid the traffic and interchanges on I-95. Usually we leave about 6:30am, stop in Ft. Pierce for breakfast and arrive at the pier between 11 and noon.

A few times, I've actually flown from Orlando to Ft. Lauderdale...it's like a 25 minute flight! But when I can snag round-trip tickets on Southwest for less than $100, avoid the drive and not have to pay parking, sign me up!

We are thinking of staying in Kissimmee pre-cruise, how long will it take to get to Ft. Lauderdale? What is the best route to travel? Thanks in advance.

We live in Kissimmee and just got off the Miracle yesterday. It will take you about 3 hours to drive to Port Everglades. The route is quite simple though. Take the Florida Turnpike to exit 116 Jupiter, I think the route is 706 or 708. Depending on whether you get on at exit 249 or 242 in Kissimmee the toll will be around $10 -$11.You'll travel the turnpike for about 130 miles. When you get off at 116 you'll turn left and then almost immediately right onto I95 south. Follow this to I595 and just follow the signs to the port. The Fort Drum rest stop on the turnpike is a good halfway stopping point for stretching and potty break. Hope this helps. Keith

I agree that this is the way to go, but I cannot understand why one would get off at Jupiter and finish the trip on I-95....The agravation and agressive driving is not worth the few bucks savings, in my mind.

I recommend staying on the turnpike all the way to I-595, then is is a straight shot into the port. Exit is clearly marked - Airport / Pt. Everglades

You are probably right about just staying on the turnpike for a few xtra bucks. The only reason we got off at Jupiter exit 116 was that was the directions my vehicle's navigation system told me to do. Navi, as my wife and I call her seems to get upset if we go off her plan and tells us to make uturns if possible. LOL

Archived