what happens after embarking

cruisechickee

Firstly welcome to the Board. I see that it is your first post.

Usually after embarking, we go and have lunch in the Buffet. We like to board early and always go on board around 12 noon or 1pm. By the time we have eaten lunch our cabin is ready and we go down there to have a look and see if any of our luggage has arrived. If it hasn't we drop our things (hand luggage etc) off in our cabin and explore the ship.

Depending on what time you are sailing, there will be lifeboat drill about 30 minutes before you leave and then it is time to go up on deck and watch sail away which is always a thrill.

If you are having traditional dining you will go to the dining room at the time that has been allocated to you, usually it is with all the information that is printed out in your cabin. If you have anytime dining, you can go whenever you want from 6pm onwards.

Enjoy your cruise, it is a great way to travel.

Jennie

;) Thank you AussieGirl. That information is very helpful. Yes it is my first post in this forum. I am not sure what time the ship leaves port in Auckland. But for example - my traditional dining is 6pm and the ship leaves port at 6pm - then what? Does this happen? You can probably tell that I know very little about cruising.

If you are on early dinner at 6pm and the ship is leaving at 6pm, then you need to go down to dinner as the waiters have to get the meals out and have the dining room ready for the second sitting which is usually at 8.30pm on Princess ships.

I have just looked at your itinerary and the ship does leave Auckland at 6pm so if you are on early sitting then you will probably miss out on sail away unless you choose to eat in the Buffet on that first night where you can go at anytime for dinner.

Jennie

That is good to know. I really do not want to miss out on my VERY FIRST sailing. Appreciate your helpful advice. Have you been watching the tennis?

GB

Yes we have though we didn't stay up for the big match last night. It apparently ended at 4.30am!! It is a great day here for tennis today, not too hot and no sun. A change from all the heat we have been having.

Jennie

Yes we have though we didn't stay up for the big match last night. It apparently ended at 4.30am!! It is a great day here for tennis today, not too hot and no sun. A change from all the heat we have been having.

Jennie

Yes well 4.30am is a record for the Australian Open, and I am glad they televised a lot of the match at 10am (in Brissie) Hewitt was great. Glad you have had a change of weather.

Archived