Drink of the Day - What types and cost?

Just a week away from our first cruise - Radiance of the Seas January 27. Trying to budget............I have heard about RCL's "drink of the day". What type of drinks are these? Is there just one choice per day? I hope they are the fruity cocktail drinks that I like. What is the cost of these drinks? Also, what would a Stella Artois cost? Can you get a "bucket" of these and save a few bucks?

Here are photos of the regular drink menus:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559018541CiiBCu

The drinks of the day are about $5.95, cheaper if you ask for it without the souvenir glass. Strange though, I found that the drink of the day (without the glass) was a different price in different venues ($4-$5)

Drinks of the day are usually fruity: pina coladas, goombay smash, labadoozie (my favourite), etc. (they vary depending on ship and itinerary).

There are specials on buckets of beers but I'm not sure how much the are, as we have never ordered one.

If you do a search on this site or webshots for the compasses for your ship and itinerary, you will see the selection and prices of drink specials.

Cheers,

We had a lot of fun with Drink of the Day on Splendour. From what people say, this might not be the case on other ships: Every day, it had a different name, but every day it was vodka, orange juice and <something fruity, like Curacao>, except for a few days when it was vodka, fruit juice and melon liquer. On those days it was green instead of orange. We didn't really care, since they were tasty, cheap and fairly strong!

We did try some of the drinks from the cocktail menu, and they were good, but not as funny as the green or orange Drink of the Day!

Lisa

Enchantment 1/7/08 Prices for all days were $4.25 and did not include the souvenir glass:

Day 1 Bon Voyage Cocktail

Day 2 Tequila Sunrise

Day 3 Margarita

Day 4 Cuban Breeze

Day 5 Yellow Bird

Explorer 9/22/06 Prices for all days were $5.95 which included the souvenir glass:

Day 1 Bronx Cocktail

Day 2 Blue Seas

Day 3 Didn't have the flyer

Day 4 Island Reggae Beat

Day 5 Hurricane

Day 6 Latin Cooler

Day 7 Labaduzee

Day 8 didn't have the flyer

Day 9 Paradise Cocktail

Enchantment 1/7/08 Prices for all days were $4.25 and did not include the souvenir glass:

Day 2 Tequila Sunrise

Day 3 Margarita

Day 4 Cuban Breeze

Day 5 Yellow Bird

Explorer 9/22/06 Prices for all days were $5.95 which included the souvenir glass:

Day 1 Bronx Cocktail

Day 2 Blue Seas

Day 4 Island Reggae Beat

Day 5 Hurricane

Day 6 Latin Cooler

Day 7 Labaduzee

Day 9 Paradise Cocktail

Hurricane, yummy. I love those. I hope they offer them as a drink of the day on our upcoming EOS cruise.

I have found that the drinks at the pool bar are usually a little stronger than some of the other bars. On LOS, the drinks ordered from the bars during shows were usally weak.

Day 2 Tequila Sunrise

Day 3 Margarita

Day 4 Cuban Breeze

Day 5 Yellow Bird

Day 1 Bronx Cocktail

Day 2 Blue Seas

Day 4 Island Reggae Beat

Day 5 Hurricane

Day 6 Latin Cooler

Day 7 Labaduzee

Day 9 Paradise Cocktail

I was going to ask what is in a "Didn't Have The Flyer"..hahaha!

to the OP: on our cruise (Majesty) drinks of the day included Mango Cooler, Margarita, Bahama Mamas and 2 others I don't remember. Normally $5.95, when I asked for it w/o a glass once and was charged $5.50. Other times I asked for it w/o and they gave the glass to me anyway but didn't charge me for it. Floaters were $1 extra but got a few at the pool for no extra charge.

Either way, i noticed that many of the drinks on the regular menu (you can find in the inside bars like the Viking Crown Lounge, Schooner Bar) were cheaper than the drink of the day. By the end of the cruise it didn't matter what drink you ordered, they gave it to you in the glass and charged you $5.95

I have heard about the after dinner shooters, but have never seen them on the menu, just "After dinner coffees and cordials". Where do you find a list or how do you go about ordering them? Someone once mentioned a tray coming around, but we never witnessed that either. Maybe we didn't look like the after dinner shooter type. Guess I'll have to change my image :rolleyes:

Here are photos of the regular drink menus:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559018541CiiBCu

The drinks of the day are about $5.95, cheaper if you ask for it without the souvenir glass. Strange though, I found that the drink of the day (without the glass) was a different price in different venues ($4-$5)

Drinks of the day are usually fruity: pina coladas, goombay smash, labadoozie (my favourite), etc. (they vary depending on ship and itinerary).

Nice drink menu. Now, I may have missed it, but I didn't see the labadoozie in the album on webshots. What is in a labadoozie?

Nice drink menu. Now, I may have missed it, but I didn't see the labadoozie in the album on webshots. What is in a labadoozie?

I don't know what all is in them, but they sure are tasty. I highly recommend them. They can be ordered onboard or on the island while in Labadee. Anyone know what the Coco Cay drink is and if it's like the Labadoozie?

Archived