Anyone just back from the Spirit?

Whippets

Just curious if they had the Chocoholic Buffet on this sailing. We were on the 1/6 - 13 and it was canceled. the reason given was to protect people from Virus. We were being served from other buffets so don't what the difference would have been. Also, we found a lot of the food was not hot enough. When ordering from Windows at Breakfast the French Toast was no fresher than on the Buffet and hash browns were awful. Hopefully, the changes going into place soon will overcome these problems.

I'm not a big chocolate eater but we visited to take a few bites and to enjoy the carvings. Most impressive! Many people brought cameras to take photos of the carvings, wish I had thought to do the same. There were such things as entire chocolate sea-dragons and chocolate bird houses complete with birds on the roof, doors, and windows.

I can't imagine if your DW has the symptoms of Norwalk virus that have been described to me that you would be able to eat a heavy meal. If someone in a room with me is losing their lunch from both ends, well, it is just not an appetizing situation if you stop and think about it. I honestly can't imagine that you would be ordering room service from a specialty restaurant, for which you would have to pay extra, under this scenario. I'd probably be doing good to be interested in tea and toast, if confined to a cabin with the distinct aroma of vomit lingering in the air.

They have phones in the room. You could call and ask someone if they will open your account just for that delivery to the room, I suppose. But you sure won't score any points from your wife, eating steak while she's that ill.

I understand that room service is free but let's say my DW is quarantined and I want to have the butler deliver a meal to my suite from Cagney's. If my account is frozen, I can't do that?

Sea Hound:D

The last I heard they are waiting for a part to be built and delivered before finishing repairs. As soon as the part arrives she will be fixed. When will it arrive? I don't know, but hopefully soon. I think its going to take a couple of months, not years.

Do you know if the part can be installed and fixed as they are sailing? I know I know- here we go again - just wondering?

If it doesnt get fixed I can not imagine the Spirit getting from NYC to the Caribbean without a problem.

I can't imagine if your DW has the symptoms of Norwalk virus that have been described to me that you would be able to eat a heavy meal. If someone in a room with me is losing their lunch from both ends, well, it is just not an appetizing situation if you stop and think about it. I honestly can't imagine that you would be ordering room service from a specialty restaurant, for which you would have to pay extra, under this scenario. I'd probably be doing good to be interested in tea and toast, if confined to a cabin with the distinct aroma of vomit lingering in the air.

They have phones in the room. You could call and ask someone if they will open your account just for that delivery to the room, I suppose. But you sure won't score any points from your wife, eating steak while she's that ill.

We didn't try to order any special meal so I can't answer that. My wife was given meds by the Doctor and the vomiting had stopped the night before. Anyway I felt fine and yes I was still quarantined with her... not that I would leave her alone anyway. This was on the last night of the cruise so we survived. It would have been unbearable had it happened earlier in the trip.

Ya'll have gotten me in so much trouble with my wife now! :mad: :eek:

Of course, if my dearly beloved was confined and eating water and crackers, I would, too!:o

Forget I asked the question!

Sea Hound:D

i was on Spirit out of New Orleans (dec 16, 2007)...many issues....

1. one of our ports was canceled...no notice...only $50 compensation each...(I heard from staff that this was known for some time before our departure date and was expected to continue..unknown to next passengers)..(more recent cruises, I found out. had only a delay arriving at our missing port, but was given the same compensation...NOT FAIR)

2. my sister and I got sick the last day of cruise...???

3. the pullout bed was broken and took me 5 days to rectify (somewhat??)

4. ship was dirty, old, and in disrepair

5. was mailed the wrong luggage tags before cruise so our luggage didnt arrive in room til 10pm first night.

6. laundry service ruined an expensive shirt that was labled "dry cleaning" but ended up in regular laundry.

7. great food and service in steak house

8. internet was very very expensive

please let me know any other similar conditions with your recent cruise on the SPIRIT..

thanks, tiger at sea

Just wondering if anyone from this past sail heard anything more about the engine repair. Was any of your port stops delayed because of this?

Thanks to those who posted your reviews - appreciate your info. My family and I will be sailing on 4/19 and STILL very much looking forward to sailing Spirit!!! Hand sanitizer will be packed, and we will wash hands wash hands wash hands :D

Archived