Bayonne traffic Friday morning

airhose

Hello, everyone. I am sailing from Bayonne on the Explorer in March. I was wondering what the traffic would be like on a Friday morning as we drive in from the west? We'll be coming from the Scranton area after an overnight stay. We're going to aim for an arrival at the port around 11 am (as long as the previous sailing arrives on time!; I've been reading about some of your adventures:)).

Hello, everyone. I am sailing from Bayonne on the Explorer in March. I was wondering what the traffic would be like on a Friday morning as we drive in from the west? We'll be coming from the Scranton area after an overnight stay. We're going to aim for an arrival at the port around 11 am (as long as the previous sailing arrives on time!; I've been reading about some of your adventures:)).

We just got off the explorer last week and we were on the sailing that didnt return until 12:30 and we didnt arrive at the port until 12:30 and the traffic for us to get in was fine no one was waiting for parking spaces as there were enough for the people who were getting off and enough for the people going on. If you have any other questions just ask!

The best way to go and the fastest from Scranton I'd say is take 80 east to 287 south. Then go 287 south to 24 south. 24 south merges with 78 and take that all the way to Cape Liberty. There usually is a lot of volume but its Jersey, so they drive fast.

If you're coming on the NJ Turnpike I suppose you could have some traffic, but by 11AM most should be gone. We;ve always gone on a Fri. AM (but we only come over the Bayonne Bridge from Staten Island), once over the bridge you just drive straight to the port and there's never any traffic.

If you're coming on the NJ Turnpike I suppose you could have some traffic, but by 11AM most should be gone. We;ve always gone on a Fri. AM (but we only come over the Bayonne Bridge from Staten Island), once over the bridge you just drive straight to the port and there's never any traffic.

Archived