Punch, ice tea and lemonade question on buffet

mtjlr

It has been a few years since we have sailed Celebrity after a few cruises on Princess, and I cannot remember if they had coffee, lemonade, ice tea, and punch 24/7 available at the buffet. Princess does not, and I am having a hard time remembering how it was on Celebrity.

Any info greatly appreciated. Thanks! We are sailing on Summit in 2 weeks.

This is going to come off as very trollish, and I'm sorry in advance...and this isn't aimed only at you--I see questions like this all the time on here: how will any responses you get to your question change your trip? Would you cancel if the answer is no? Pack your own punch? Sorry for the tone, I'm in a mood.

This is going to come off as very trollish, and I'm sorry in advance...and this isn't aimed only at you--I see questions like this all the time on here: how will any responses you get to your question change your trip? Would you cancel if the answer is no? Pack your own punch? Sorry for the tone, I'm in a mood.

I think your question is perfectly fine - you're like me wanting to know all the little details in anticipation of cruising - thats half the fun for me. Please don't let others discourage you from posting.

txsloth - we need to get you booked on a cruise and stuff you with waffles to cheer you up :)

they have the hot water for tea .. and coffee .. as i am one who can't sleepfrom time to time.... i got to know the people later in the morning... i usally get a cup of tea and go sit outside bye the pool.. and enjoy my tea and fresh air.. and then can usually sleep after that....

Tonia

Actually the plastic glasses can be small or large if you want iced tea or punch as well. It seems that the small are starting to outnumber the large.

Besides the drinks, obviously ice is available. Also lemon is available. This is pretty much 24x7. For those of you wanting to put together a late adult drink ;).

I think pax want to know what drinks are available at the Buffet. I also want to know if I get a cola package is there a place to get the coke at the buffet? Do you need to find a bartender and do they walk around the buffet area?

Cola cards weren't even offered when we did the Med on Century this fall--never saw one. But on the Tahitian Princess last spring, you had to go to a bar to get your soda--there's no way they can monitor who has a card and who doesn't if they have it at the buffet. Of course there are probably several bars close to the buffet where you could load up.

I also never saw punch available--iced tea and I believe lemonade were the cold beverages.

Have a fun trip!

On the Galaxy they had several types of Bigelow tea but NOT lemon lift which my choice. I am not a coffee drinker but my wife said it was good. I know one night in the Orion she said it was very very strong.

BTW - I have brought my larger travel mug on the last 2 trips - much better than their very small cups and plastic glasses.

There is a basr right next to the buffet where you can get a soda with your card. We found that the waiters would get one for you especially once the found you had the sticker on you card. And after the first time most of the waiters remember who has a sticker and who doesn't. We found that if you are one that drinks more than 3 sodas a day it was more cost effective to get the soda sticker. Enjoy your cruise.

On the Century in November coffee, lemonade, ice tea, and punch were all available 24/7 outside the cafeteria area. At least I presume it was what you would call punch... it was something like a passion fruit/guava fruit juice which was delicious. The home made ice creams from the buffet area were also excellent.

Archived