Celebrity Informal Night Dining

brettlast1974

I know that Celebrity considers "Jacket and tie with slacks" as appropriate attire for "informal" nights, but I was wondering how many of the guys out there actually wear jackets? I fully intend on wearing a tux on formal night, but I was wondering if slacks with shirt/tie (no jacket) would be generally acceptable for "informal" night. Your thoughts are most appreciated.

Also, please note that the dress code is sporadically enforced (I personally believe that they enforce it when there is an instance of flagrant violation) so if you decide not to follow it and happen to be on that particular sailing where the code is enforced and you are turned away, don't be upset with Celebrity as it does state in the daily that the dress code is "required".

Celebrity doesn't "require" a dress code, they provide "guidelines". You cannot require a dress code unless the policy is enforced on every ship and every sailing in the Celebrity fleet. This is a pet peev of mine, either enforce it or scrap it.

Put me down for scrap it.

Over 99% of people in the dining room are always dressed nice but some not to the letter of the code.

Just list major things that can't be worn and be done with all this.

Celebrity doesn't "require" a dress code, they provide "guidelines". You cannot require a dress code unless the policy is enforced on every ship and every sailing in the Celebrity fleet. This is a pet peev of mine, either enforce it or scrap it.

I know that they don't always enforce it - however they do use the word required so that if they have to turn someone away because of a flagrant violation, they can. The only reason that I put in the comment about "required" was that the poster was saying that they were considering not bringing a jacket and I wanted them to be aware that they could be an enforcement on their particular cruise and the reason Celebrity could enforce it. Unfortunately, the only place that required is used is in the daily which you get after you board.

The word required is in the first day's daily in the "Activities & Events" pull out page under "Daily Dining Choices" (where the different dining venues and times are listed) there is a section that is titled "Ship's Dress Codes" were it says (bolding is Celebrity's):

Following are the required modes of attire for the evening dress (after 6:00pm nightly) throughout the ship.

Formal: Gentlemen: Tuxedo, dinner jacket. or dark suit and tie.

Ladies: A dressy outfit. Formal Gown or Cocktail Dress.

[

B]Informal: Gentlemen:[/b] Jacket, slacks. No jeans.

Ladies: Informal dress or pants and blouse.

Casual: Gentlemen: Sports shirt and slacks.

Ladies: Dress, pant suit, or sporty outfit.

Please note: Jeans, t-shirts, tank tops, swimsuits, robes, and bare feet are not permitted in the Metropolitan Restaurant at any time. Shorts are not permitted in the Metropolitan Restaurant during dinner times. Guiest are expected to respect this sailing tradition for the ambiance of the the cruise.

There is an out for those who want casual - In the lisiting under "Casual Dining Boulevard" (in the same "Daily Dining Choices") it states:

Casual Dining Boulevard Deck 10 Aft

The dress code is casual every day. Although in all other areas the dress code of the evening applies. We kindly ask for your cooperation and condsideration for your fellow guests.

(These were copied word for word from the Millennium daily on both of our cruises this past Nov 18/Dec 2, 2007.)

Archived