? About Dolphin encounters

FishingAddict

Unless it's changed since 2001, you do get in the water with them.

They take you out on a boat dock. Attached to the boat dock is a set of stairs that connect to an under water platform. You stand on this platform to encounter the dolphin. The dolphin will swim up to you. He or she will hug you and let you pet it.

We just got back Dec 2 2007 and you get in the water about up to your lower belly (depending how tall you are) and you stand on a platform. In front of the platform the water is deeper and the dolphins swim up to you then the trainer gives cues and you get to hug the dolphin, then next you get to kiss the dolphin and then you get to dance (hold their fins while they move back and forth) It is absolutely wonderful. They video the whole thing and then you can buy it after you look at it in the viewing area if you want. My 3 year old DGD loved it and was not afraid, except she had me hold her while she hugged azN dkissed the dolphin. If you want to swim with the dolphin (meaning they teach you have to make your body rigid and then the dolphin comes up behind you and pushes you from the bottom of your feet, through the water) It cost about $100+ extra (I forget the exact amount, I think it was $125 extra on top of the $85 you pay to get in the water with them. Hope this helps. We did this in the bahamas

We just did this on Dec 2nd and had a wonderful time. You get in the water onto a platform so the dolphin can swim and stand on its tail fin in front of you. Then you get to kiss, hug, and dance with the dolphin (you hold its fins and it dances back and forth in front of you. You can actually swim with the dolphin but you have to pay about $100 + extra and swimming with the dolphin means they teach you to make your body rigid and the dolphin comes up behind you and pushes you through the water. If you have any more questions feel free to ask me. We did it with your 3 yr old DGD and she loved it except I had to hold her in the water because she didn't want to stand on the metal platform. SHe did hug, kiss and dance with the dolphin though. They video all this and you get to preview it when you are done and have the option to buy the video. They also take photos for you to purchase. We did this in the bahamas.

Archived