Florida Cruise Connection-need info

earljr

In past years we drove over to Ft. Lauderdale and used the parking garages or lately we have rented a car, overnite at Naples, and would drop off the car the next day at Hertz and they would shuttle us to the ship. We have been thinking of taking the Cruise Connection bus this cruise and would like to hear from folks who have done this about the pro and cons. Thanks-earl

We live in Tampa and used Cruise Connection for the last 7 or 8 cruises and never had a problem with the service. The only drawback I can see is that you may have a little wait on disembarkation day but it's not too bad and for the price it's worth it. The St. Pete route is a bit different from the Tampa route, but they both stop for a break during the trip. The best part is we can load up on booze from the islands and not have to worry about how to fit it in the car with the 4 of us!!!!

I posted and got replies here ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=73884&highlight=princess+express

I decided not to take it because of the suitcase limitation ... I emailed them and they defended the policy (instead of suggesting it was a guideline) ... Unfortunately I am getting married and a single suitcase + carryon for each person would not work ...

We live on the east coast about 1 1/2 hours from Port Everglades. We used to drive and park, but that has become a hassle. We have used Cruise Connection 3 times and are satisfied with their service. There might be a little wait after debarkation, but it's not bad. It's not too expensive and you make your reservation through whatever cruise line you are sailing with.

Hi Earl!!! We used cruise connection on our first cruise after moving here!! It was very easy. They pick you up at a local McDonalds, and make a few stops on the way and then You are at the pier!!! It is nice not to have to drive. It is on the chilly side tho, so take a light jacket or sweater. It costs $45 rt. Now we drive down a day early and get a hotel with free parking for the week, and then go back to the hotel post cruise and drive home.

We used it this past April. We were vacationing in Marco Island, and took the bus from Naples. It was very convenient. I wasn't even aware there was a luggage restriction. I had two suitcases and a carry-on, and my husband had the same. What is there limit? I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Wow!! There was no restiction to luggage when we went. There were 8 of us, and we had tons of it!!!! :eek:

I don't think you are only allowed to bring 1 suitcase! We are leaving sep 25 to cruise on Caribbean Princess and our TA gave us free bus tickets! We have cruised before and driven to Miami..a long way plus the parking fees! This time we will be relaxed when we get to the port and save money too:)

We've used the Cruise Connection bus all but once and think it's the way to go.. There is no limit on bags, they're comfortable, they run on time, they're last stop is a combined pick-up and pit stop, they show in-route movies and your there before you know it.. They stop right in front of your ship and they put your luggage right in front of the porters, so you don't even have to touch them.. If you don't bust your buns trying to get off the ship early, there is hardly any wait to get back on... Bombero

Thanks to all for your responses -- The baggage limit they have on their web site was our greatest concern (1 bag and 1 carryon) We are doing a b2b and there is no way DW could possibly get everything into one bag and one carryon! (her words not mine) Actually her carryon is probably the size of a suitcase anyway! Thanks again earl

• 3 weeks later...
We live in Tampa and used Cruise Connection for the last 7 or 8 cruises and never had a problem with the service. The only drawback I can see is that you may have a little wait on disembarkation day but it's not too bad and for the price it's worth it. The St. Pete route is a bit different from the Tampa route, but they both stop for a break during the trip. The best part is we can load up on booze from the islands and not have to worry about how to fit it in the car with the 4 of us!!!!

We also live in Tampa and I would prefer not to drive unless I had to. Do you know where the pickup points are what did it cost from Tampa. I found this thread doing a search for parking in Miami. Which board was this posted on. Thanks

We also live in Tampa and I would prefer not to drive unless I had to. Do you know where the pickup points are what did it cost from Tampa. I found this thread doing a search for parking in Miami. Which board was this posted on. Thanks

We pick up the bus at the McDonald's on Adamo Dr. they make stops in Sun City Center, Sarasota, Venice and Ft Myers. It changes a little depending on whe's going where. It's $45.00 round trip and the driver takes the luggage off the bus, you idntify it nad the porters do the rest. When are you sailing? We are off again 10/23.:)

Archived