New Zealand Hiking

Travel-Bug

Which ports would be recommended for easy access to moderate level, beautiful hiking? We are looking at an end Nov. beginning Dec cruise to the most common ports aboard either the HAL Volendam or Celebrity Millennium. I'm hoping the weather will be good for outdoor activities.

• 2 weeks later...

We wish you were going with us in November we are avid hikers too. So far we have found:

The Touring Company Ltd

PO Box 5133

Mount Maunganui 3150

p/f) 07 577 0057

m) 0275 868 726

e) info@newzealandadventure.co.nz

w) http://www.newzealandadventure.co.nz

They are doing one of our hikes from Rotoura - they have an all day private hike or one that you can do and break off from a regular tour with your own guide to do some bush walking. We posted on Celebrity to ask people to join us on our hikes - we are going November 14th. cruise.

The other tour from Dunedin we are going to do with Chris Roberts. We asked him for a walk not a real hike though he can do whatever you wish. Contact him at:

mail@backtonaturetours.co.nz

I haven't found any other hikes so far but I will keep looking.:)

• 7 months later...

I am not sure how strenuous a hike you want,but one option for your call at Tauranga would be to take the walk around the Mount.Your ship will dock at the bottom of the above pic,where the grey roof is, and it a short stroll to the Mount. A track circles around at sea level, and for the bold ,a track winds it way to the top.

googlemapmount.jpg

Archived