Fans in rooms

DG1108

My wife and I are going on the Conquest in 13 days :D and were wondering if fan were allowed in the rooms. My wife says she cannot sleep without the noise of the fan.:confused: Now I have kinda of gotten use to it. Thanks for any imput.

My wife and I are going on the Conquest in 13 days :D and were wondering if fan were allowed in the rooms. My wife says she cannot sleep without the noise of the fan.:confused: Now I have kinda of gotten use to it. Thanks for any imput.

I know how your wife feels, I sleep with my fan at my head every night and have a horrible time going to sleep without it. We did not have one when we were on the Conquest but there was a constant humming noise which was enough, along with excessive amounts of alcohol for me to drift off. I have read on here where people have had fans brought in by the room stewards because uncomfortable temps in the rooms, so you may just ask for one. Have a Great Time!!!

My husband is the same way - can't sleep without the fan noise. However, if you have the AC cranked high enough it makes a similar noise. Also, if you have a balcony cabin and can leave your door open at night (prop it open with a deck chair) then you get the water noise which also helps.

I have traveled with a fan for thirty years! Fortunately, they are now small enough to put in a suitcase without taking up a great deal of space. Not only do I "require" the noise to sleep, I like the feel of air moving. Quiet and stillness "screams" at me (I know, sounds like an issue for therapy...). I would recommend taking an extension cord as well if feeling the air is important; it can be a long way across the room.

We take two fans with us. We always sleep with one on and it helps keep the room cooler, the air moving and provides that little bit of noise that can put you to sleep.

Now my BF says here at home "If there were pinguins in the house they would love to ice skate through the house." Thats just how cold I like it. :)

If you're gonna bring a fan and want air circulation near the bed as opposed to just the sound you'll need to bring an extension cord. There's only one outlet in the room and it's above the desk next to the closets!

Have a great cruise!

Archived