Airfare? for RCL? ANd FLL

skyw

My cruise is two months out. I can't seem to get a good airfare going to Fort Lauderdale. Right now it is about 350-400 per person. I am not an expert in airfare, can some one help me. Will the rates go down at all in the next two months? Or should I go with Royal Caribbean? OR should I suck it up and pay the airfare? It is frustrating because I can get to Orlando for half the price. Why is it so expensive at FLL?

Thanks in advance

Problem is your running into is Spring Break season. Have you thought about flying to Orlando the renting a car to FLL or right to the pier. Renting a car for one day will more then likely be just as costly as a taxi ride from the airport to the pier.

We are coming from Ohio. Cincinnati's fare is higher then Dayton. We are closer to Dayton........I guess I should change where I am from on my info....We don't live in Texas anymore.

How long of a drive to FLL from Orlando?

We are coming from Ohio. Cincinnati's fare is higher then Dayton. We are closer to Dayton........I guess I should change where I am from on my info....We don't live in Texas anymore.

How long of a drive to FLL from Orlando?

About 4 hrs. and all freeway from Orlando to FLL.

we have flown to mco and driven to fll a couple times for a cruise - had same issue with the airfare being way more to fly to fll versus mco- rented a car with budget to be returned at quay shopping center near the pier and they took us over to the pier at no charge- will pick you up after the cruise also and bring you back to rent the car for the return trip- worked out great and took about 3 hours to drive it the times we went-

About 4 hrs. and all freeway from Orlando to FLL.

Just FYI ... I did this last year during spring break and construction and traffic was so awful it took 8 hours to get from MCO to Miami. At the end of the day, I'm not sure it was worth it because of the added frustration and gas.

Try American, JetBlue and US Air.

Also, try flying into MIAMI and not FLL.

If you don't want to pay the taxi fare --it's a decent amount from MIA to the FLL Pier (used to live there) -- you can purchase Royal Caribbean Shuttle Service at an affordable price.

I would advise not flying into Orlando and driving. That's craziness!!

WHy did you wait so long to book your airfare? was it a last minute cruise?

We were looking at booking from Cincinnati or Dayton within the spring break time frame too and fares have been horrible. I've been watching for several months and they haven't gone down. I wouldn't expect them to go down now that you are getting this close. We ended up booking out of Cincinnati for $500/each - generally we can find fare for $250 or less.

I have tried all of the above mentioned booking sites, you might also want to try mobissimo, vayamana and momondo. Although they are international sites sometimes they will come up with a better option.

Good luck with your airfares, this year has been pretty frustrating for bargain hunters trying to book within specific time frames!!

Since it seems you are flying Easter week, or a week or before or after, this is the busiest time here in FL, my advice is book as soon as you can, and not worry so much about the fare. It more than likely will not go down. You may want to worry about being able to get a seat when you book. Also, when you book, make sure you can choose your seat. The major airlines will let you see the seats available before booking. If you use a cheap airline, most will not let you see the seats avail until. after you pay, and if you cannot choose your seat at booking, the flight may be over sold and you won't even know it. You can also look at Tampa, RSW (Ft Myers), Orlando, and Miami. Good luck, as you may need it.

Thanks everyone...Yes we just booked this trip yesterday. I checked out staying a day before and found out that the money saved would equal the cost of the ticket. It is a hard pill to swallow paying so much for a ticket but you guys helped me with the reality of it all.

Archived