All things Independence of the Seas

More pictures Please:) We aren't boarding this beautiful ship until Nov. 29th. Thanks for helping me thru the next several months.

I don't have pics of Independence yet (we are transferring our Serenade booking to Indy in the next few weeks!) - but in my signature, you will find pics of her slightly older sister, Liberty. These were taken just before her 1st revenue sailing during the Pre-Inaugural when she was shiny & new. This should help you with your waiting too. Enjoy!! I am really looking forward to sailing on Independence next year (late next year!)

I don't have pics of Independence yet (we are transferring our Serenade booking to Indy in the next few weeks!) - but in my signature, you will find pics of her slightly older sister, Liberty. These were taken just before her 1st revenue sailing during the Pre-Inaugural when she was shiny & new. This should help you with your waiting too. Enjoy!! I am really looking forward to sailing on Independence next year (late next year!)

Good change I know you will love Indy

see link for photos

Good change I know you will love Indy

see link for photos

We loved Liberty so I know we will love Indy!! I can't wait. The shorter flight and the extra day helps too. :) I will check out your pics at home tonite. Thanks! :D

We haven't sailed on IOTS yet(sailing in Feb. 09), but had a promenade room on Navigator of the Seas (Feb. 08). We were on the 8th deck, mid ship. The room was fabulous!!! We think mid-ship is the place to be to see everything that's going on. (Forward or Aft you just won't be able to see everything)Noise was never a problem.

We have booked a promenade room on IOTS 7th deck, mid-ship for our next cruise. We think it will be better to be one deck closer to the action.

A friendly reminder....if you've never stayed in a promenade room before... be mindful of closing your drapes......unless you want to share a show with your neighbors across the way!!!!! LOL

Hope this helps!!

COCKYMARK thanks for the input and the tip about the drapes.

Just home off the Independence :)

Really enjoyed the UK arrival/departure experience :) arrived at the port gates 11:10 (parked car,dropped luggage,checked in) onboard 11:35 :) getting off the ship, luggage colour called 7am, 20 minutes later we were driving out the port.

Well done Port of Southampton

The European ports were fantastic as was the ship,enjoyed it so much we are going to do it all again 2009.

Have a lot of reading up to do on the boards.

Post later

Just home off the Independence :)

Really enjoyed the UK arrival/departure experience :) arrived at the port gates 11:10 (parked car,dropped luggage,checked in) onboard 11:35 :) getting off the ship, luggage colour called 7am, 20 minutes later we were driving out the port.

Well done Port of Southampton

The European ports were fantastic as was the ship,enjoyed it so much we are going to do it all again 2009.

Have a lot of reading up to do on the boards.

Post later

Hello George

We are doing the Italian Med cruise in Sept 09. Do you have any recommendations for excursions? Specifically to Seville, Rome, Florence/Pisa?

Many thanks

Nina :)

We are on the IOTS july 12th, re the food, we have both eaten great meals on both the QM2 and QV and have read many reviews which really ran the food down, to us the food was excellant, top quality, we just returned from a short cruise on the Norwegian Jade, not as good as Cunard but still very good food, I do think you have to read RCCL menus for the meals the right way as they are laid out a little different and im told you can always get the basics like steak etc.

I do find that most people who think the food is not that good just cannot find what they are used too??, cold soup with strange ingrediants??? I have had chilled soup with those, strawberries and raspberries to name two, Im sure the food will OK if not then a quick snack in windjammers it will have to be.

If the food was as bad as some will have us belive then I rather think RCCL would suffer from that after all the meals are one of the main attractions to cruising.

rob

Hello All,

I have a Flow Rider question for those of you with some previous experience on the Freedom Class ships.

I simply want to know how the Flow Rider works....not the machine itself, rather the process of signing up to use it. I assume it runs only certain hours per day? Is it something you need to sign up for first thing when you get on the ship? Or is it more something that you can decide to wait in line and see if you get a turn?

For those of you who have cruised on Liberty and Freedom of the Seas, perhaps you would know the answers to these questions best. Also, is there an age, height or weight restriction. And lastly, do they charge any fee to use the Flow Rider.

Thanks to all your responses in advance!

*** BUMP *** would love to know these answers if anyones knows. Cruising the IOS in 2/2009

*** BUMP *** would love to know these answers if anyones knows. Cruising the IOS in 2/2009

I don't have an answer to your question, but was wondering which sailing in 2/09 you're going to be on. We're going 2/21/09.

Oh, and GO CUBS! ;)

Food was great :D Dining Room/Windjammer/Johnny Rockets/Cafe Promenade etc.

14 days and could not complain about anything.

I read all the critics and was starting to think I was in for a food hell as I am a nightmare as far as restaurants and hotels food goes :eek:

Order as many starters as you want when in the dining room or as many mains take your fancy :)

I think it was coxswain mentioned that chicken, salmon, steak was on the mains every night, this is true but you also have the choice of 4 or 5 other mains which was never repeated.

Windjammer for lunch was a great choice.

There was a Snob on this board mentioned that RCI was catering for the BUTLINS/LIDL/ALDI crowd, all I can say point me in the way of Lidls etc.

He must have gone to Butlins or shop in Lidls if he knew about these places.

I enjoyed this cruise and the ship so much :D WE ARE DOING IT AGAIN 2009.

43 RCI done and 6 more booked :D

Food was great :D Dining Room/Windjammer/Johnny Rockets/Cafe Promenade etc.

14 days and could not complain about anything.

I read all the critics and was starting to think I was in for a food hell as I am a nightmare as far as restaurants and hotels food goes :eek:

Order as many starters as you want when in the dining room or as many mains take your fancy :)

I think it was coxswain mentioned that chicken, salmon, steak was on the mains every night, this is true but you also have the choice of 4 or 5 other mains which was never repeated.

Windjammer for lunch was a great choice.

There was a Snob on this board mentioned that RCI was catering for the BUTLINS/LIDL/ALDI crowd, all I can say point me in the way of Lidls etc.

He must have gone to Butlins or shop in Lidls if he knew about these places.

I enjoyed this cruise and the ship so much :D WE ARE DOING IT AGAIN 2009.

43 RCI done and 6 more booked :D

Great to hear, thats what i was expecting. I cant wait to be back onboard on 6th September

Ian :D

Great to hear, thats what i was expecting. I cant wait to be back onboard on 6th September

Ian :D

Well done scotsman, Im 100% sure your right, I saw in some menus online and thats makes sense about the choice, seems you cant please everyone, and some people are never happy no matter what, this is our 1st RCCL cruise haveing been on a few from Cunard and 100% sure it will be great and great food too.

rob

Not long now Rob- have a great time and give us a wave when you get off and looking forward to seeing you on QM2 in October.

You have the right attitude- it's a cruise- you always hear people having a moan when onboard- we've learned to stay well away from those people.

Okay, off to Lidl/Aldi- one of those always have great croissants- thing is I can never remember which!!

My fave saying:

A bad day on a cruise is still better than the best day in work.

For those of you who asked for pics of IoS, here's a link to a Danish/Norwegian board with loads of pics:

http://shipsforum.dk/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1558&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=independence++the+seas

We saw IoS in Villefranche in early June this year, she sure looked huge against our little cruise ship.

Hi everyone, we were on the same sailing as George and agree with him 100%. The food was great, we ate in every food outlet including Portofinos and Chops and we couldn't find fault. I don't eat beef, and eat very little other meat but I still had plenty of choice, and ate many really tasty dishes. The ship was fantastic, the staff were all pleasant, always smiling and eager to help you. There was always plenty of things to do and we always got a sunbed on the days we wanted to do nothing. The production shows and ice skating shows were excellent and we thoroughly enjoyed them. This holiday was one of the best we have ever had, if I could, I would do it all again tomorrow.

Pam

We were on the Independence in May and the food was great, we ate in Chops , windjammer, johnny rockets and main dining room, oh and pizza in Royal promenade. We enjoyed all of it, looking forward to staying on her for longer in October.