All things Independence of the Seas

Sorry Jane

But in these days of sex discrimination I think a 51 year old male working in young persons sexual health promotion would be a well deserving godfather :D Who would I nominate ?:D :D

I've been watching the forum for a while now, as we're on the Canaries cruise sailing from Southampton on 6th May - less than 5 weeks away, whoo-hoo. I agree about the seeming lack of excitement about this fabulous new ship. For those of you who - like me - are excited, here she is leaving for sea trials on Monday.

I saw a documentary on TV the other day about the Freedom's New Year cruise, whichgave me a good taster of what she'll be like, and the CD there was Ken, so that's interesting to learn too!

Ad_3073_1.jpg.1bcecb32074159f0dc3fddca021e678c.jpg

Liz,

Thanks for starting this thread! We will be on the June 14th sailing and are so excited. We also look forward to several pre-cruise days in England.

2 questions for our UK friends:

1) If you could recommend any hotel in London, what would it be?

2) We may have to fly back to the US on the day Independence arrives back in Southhampton. What time would be the earliest you would recommend flying out of Gatwick on the day of arrival?

Thanks in advance for everyone's advice. So you in June!

Hi, We like to stay near Victoria Station last time we were there we stayed at a Best Western, there is another Hotel that gets rave reviews on the Trip Advisor called Hotel Luna. We will be in London this fall prior to sailing on the Independances transatlantic. Lorelle

Great pics Liz

Getting in a cruise mode :D on the phone to RCCL looking for 2009 Serenade to Alaska also 2009/2010 New Years cruise.

Hope they have a Royal Family suite on view 30th April my sister and family are booked for July 2009 on the Indi. and want loads of pics.

I've been watching the forum for a while now, as we're on the Canaries cruise sailing from Southampton on 6th May - less than 5 weeks away, whoo-hoo. I agree about the seeming lack of excitement about this fabulous new ship. For those of you who - like me - are excited, here she is leaving for sea trials on Monday.

I saw a documentary on TV the other day about the Freedom's New Year cruise, whichgave me a good taster of what she'll be like, and the CD there was Ken, so that's interesting to learn too!

I have that documentary on my SKYD box and have watched it about 100 times, Ken was CD on Freedom & Liberty from new and now takes up the position on Independence, no doubt will be on Genesis next year.

We will also be on the 6th May sailing, it will be our 2nd on her as we are also on the 2 night pre-inaugural sailing on the 30th April :D

Thanks for those pictures...they are fantantic....will keep our excitement running...we are doing the November Transatantic...it is a long way off..the anticipation is part of the excitement...new ship....we don't have much vacation time since we still work. Will look forward to all the information and pictures once the ship is taking on passengers.

Got to say.....she sure looks a beauty :D and is getting me really really excited now :D

Another late night Liz, so excited you cant sleep?

So where did you find those fantastic pictures? Looks like a commissioned photo shoot being done from the air like that.

Another late night Liz, so excited you cant sleep?

So where did you find those fantastic pictures? Looks like a commissioned photo shoot being done from the air like that.

Hi Andy :D

If I am not working the next day I am always up late talking with the CC Genesis group :D

The pictures come from RCCL..(we are allowed to use them as long as we dont make money from them) :D

Hi Andy :D

If I am not working the next day I am always up late talking with the CC Genesis group :D

The pictures come from RCCL..(we are allowed to use them as long as we dont make money from them) :D

Might get some more pictures form the yard worker in the next few days once ID gets back. :D