Signature Dring Coupons

carabou1

Just got off the Zuiderdam and we had purchased drink and soda cards.

Signature drink cards could be used for drinks of the day and basically blended island drinks. It can not be used for beer, wines, or my husbands favorite gin and tonic's.

It specifically says on the back that you can use them on Half Moon Cay but our Cabana steward said he could not take them for the pina coladas we ordered on the island.

They were also denied when we ordered the special pina's in a pineapple we ordered at the terrace grill one night.

We found ourselves having a drink card punch party the last night in order not to waste the money we spent. :p

Just off the Westerdam and I purchased a drink card. You receive 10 drinks for $56.25 plus 15% gratuity for a total cost of $64.69 This is a good deal for any mixed drink OTHER than drink of the day. This is due to the fact that the drink of the day is already specially priced at $5.25 You can certainly use the drink card to purchase the drink of the day, but you lose out on the special price. Mixed drinks start at $6.45 plus 15% gratuity, so the drink card will save you $9.49

Just off the Westerdam and I purchased a drink card. You receive 10 drinks for $56.25 plus 15% gratuity for a total cost of $64.69 This is a good deal for any mixed drink OTHER than drink of the day. This is due to the fact that the drink of the day is already specially priced at $5.25 You can certainly use the drink card to purchase the drink of the day, but you lose out on the special price. Mixed drinks start at $6.45 plus 15% gratuity, so the drink card will save you $9.49

I'm glad you mentioned that, because I was left wondering after reading the previous post. If you order the drink of the day with the cocktail card, you're getting shafted. You're actually better off just having the bar server bill you for the drink of the day, and not put it on your card. You come out ahead that way.

You're right, those signature cocktail cards are a good deal. I went through four of them on my last cruise ... gotta love those Tropical Cable Cars!

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'm confused...can you use them (the drink card) for a regular mixed drink, like a Manhattan, or just for tropical drinks?

Penny

I believe the cocktail card can be used for any "cocktail". My husband and I ordered several martinis as well as other drinks on HAL's cocktail menu.

Gotta ask...what is the Tropical Cable Car?

It's one of the signature cocktails ... I believe it contains a couple types of rum ... not really sure. But I do know that it sure is good. A couple of them and you are heading back to your cabin a very happy camper! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

No joke! My husband watched the bartenders create those. After we got home, he experimented and has them down! YUM!!!

I love it when after the bartender mixes the drink, he pulls one of the palm leaves off of the fruit basket on the bar ... and sticks it in your glass. Really makes it tropical, if you know what I mean! :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Signature Drinks are special drinks "designed" by Chef Rudi to compliment his specially designed menu items. Some a new twists on an old drink, some are completely new drinks.....:) Jer the Bear P.S. Carefully read your Cabin Book located at the bottom of the desk mirror and signature drinks are fully explained..... Good Cruising Everyone !!

• 2 months later...

It's been a while since I've cruised on HAL. Do all of the HAL ships now have this card policy?

Do drink cards have an expiration date? Sounds like the cards are punched when a drink is ordered. Can you buy as many as you want? Are the cards charged to your shipboard account? Can you buy the cards online?

I have the same question for wine and soft drink cards too. Thanks

What's everyone's favorite drinks?

And what's in them....

just so i can look for them.

Mojitos ;)

Lemon Drop :)

Make-your-own Bloody Mary :cool:

Sex on the Beach. :eek:

And of course, gin and tonic, bourdon and sweet, scotch and soda. :rolleyes:

This is the SHORT list. LOL. :D

Mojitos ;) I had a Rasberry one on my last cruise... liked it, except the mint leaves....

Lemon Drop :)

Make-your-own Bloody Mary :cool:

Sex on the Beach. :eek: Had one of these before.

And of course, gin and tonic, bourdon and sweet, scotch and soda. :rolleyes: Rum and Coke does that count?

This is the SHORT list. LOL. :D

Thanks

When we were on the Noordam in December they took the card for every type of drink I ordered, but was told that it wasn't a good deal for the special drink of the day. In some cases there was a surcharge, they would punch the card and add a small charge to your cabin card if the drink was too expensive. For example if you ordered a drink with a special alcohol, like Absolute vodka. But they never refused the card. Just my experience. Oh, and sometimes they would forget to punch the card, particularly if you are a good tipper!

Bob

I've read many of the posts re how drink cards differ from signature drink cards but have not been able to determine if the regular drink cards include premium brands. I might have missed the info amonst the many posts herein. Can I get a Chevas or will they serve me a bar/well scotch? Thanks for any input.

I've read many of the posts re how drink cards differ from signature drink cards but have not been able to determine if the regular drink cards include premium brands. I might have missed the info amonst the many posts herein. Can I get a Chevas or will they serve me a bar/well scotch? Thanks for any input.

One member of our group drank "The Glenlivit", they punched his card and added a surcharge to his cabin bill. At least that's how it worked for him. It seems as if different people have had different experiences.

Bob

Archived