NoRushTours still excellent tour w/o Beau/Bodo

floatinrocks

We just returned Jan 19th 2008 from our cruise. We put our faith in No Rush Tours even though Beau/Bodo is a thief and a fraud. I had emails with Claudette Davis who owns this operation along with the Paradise View Restaurant where you go for lunch. She is one classy lady and has had a very bad experience with this guy. I saw newspaper clippings about him and the government is trying to find him.

We had our tour with Bertrand who pushes the dutch side for shopping because of the french side using Euros and being more expensive but he was very informative and stopped wherever we wanted him to. It's your tour so you tell them where to take you.

Our lunch was excellent, very affordable and the view is spectacular. You feel like you've found paradise (no pun intended).

She can be emailed at claudette@norushtoursxm.com I feel really bad for her as he has almost ruined her business. She couldn't even access her own website and has no idea who has booked through him. She honours your deposit and it's well worth trusting her and giving them the benefit of the doubt.

....She couldn't even access her own website and has no idea who has booked through him. She honours your deposit and it's well worth trusting her and giving them the benefit of the doubt.

In our case she was somehow able to access our information in order to call us on the phone, asking if we were still interested in a tour. I declined and asked her if she was interested in refunding my $70 deposit. She declined. So much for an honorable business.

I don't get it. There were 8 of us and our deposit was $20. $70 is really high for a deposit which Beau got and took off with!

He almost put her out of business.

You didn't have to decline taking the tour, in doing so you lost your deposit. I don't think there is anything dishonourable about it. You should have taken the tour, you'd have enjoyed it immensely.

I honestly do not know the relationship between Bodo and Claudette Davis.

I do know that she is a local businesswoman who comes from a good island family and there was never any hint of scandal involving her before all this.

We originally had a tour booked on March 4th. I thought the deposit was lost, but now that they seem to be trying to rebuild their business, I think we'll still give it a try!

Thanks for the contact information, PrivateEye. Hopefully everything will still be set for our tour.

I don't get it. There were 8 of us and our deposit was $20. $70 is really high for a deposit which Beau got and took off with!

He almost put her out of business.

You didn't have to decline taking the tour, in doing so you lost your deposit. I don't think there is anything dishonourable about it. You should have taken the tour, you'd have enjoyed it immensely.

She would neither honor nor refund the deposit.

Archived