Passport to Paradise, De Palm Island...anyone done this??

Olwyn

Hi Everyone,

Looking for something to do on Aruba with my elderly parents and 4 year old niece.

This excursion through Princess sounds nice and offers a buffet lunch...but for $79 pp would we be better off going to Palm Beach through the Radisson Hotel and finding our own restaurant for lunch?

What is the difference between De Palm Isalnd and Palm Beach?

Thanks so much!:)

OLwyn

In regards to De Palm, it has not received very favorable reviews.

De Palm Island

DePalm Island

Rent Jetskis at De Palm Island?

Any been out to De Palm Island recently

Day passes are available at the Renaissance, Occidental and Riu.

Renaissance day pass only allows use of their island, lunch and a drink. Price at the Renaissance is $75 per person for the day as long as hotel occupancy is below 90%.

Occidental Aruba Day Pass

Aruba Resorts With Day Passes

Day Pass to Renaissance Aruba Resort

There are vendors on both Palm Beach and Eagle Beach who rent chaises and umbrellas. Hotel facilities with the exception of bars and restaurants are for the most part, for the use of resort guests. Not to say, that someone would stop you from say using the restroom.

Information for a day at the beach on your own:

Question about Palm Beach?

Photos of Eagle or Palm beach

Aruba Beach~Help!

Arubalisa, question about beach

Suggestions for inexpensive way to spend our day.. Day at Palm Beach Price Breakdown

Aruba photos, trip report + tidbits

Lunch at Eagle or Palm Beach?

Just returned

Thaks so much Arubalisa!

That is wonderful information!

One more question...we have a 4 year old little girl with us, who would probably prefer to wade around on a sandy beach, and perhaps look into the water with her little mask.

Would Eagle or Palm beach be preferable for this?

Thanks so much!

Olwyn

Hi Again,

Have you heard anything about the Radisson in Aruba? Someone mentioned that you could use their property for the day as well....does anyone know the cost there?

Thanks

Olwyn:)

I would definitely stick with Palm Beach with a little one. Even my 11 year old prefers Palm Beach over Eagle Beach because there are no waves. Eagle Beach can get some waves whereas unless there is a bad storm, Palm Beach's waters with the exception of wake from the watersports boats, is flat.

With your parents too you have the advantage of being able to rent an umbrella for shade for your parents. If you have the taxi drop you off at the entrance to De Palm Pier between the Riu and Radisson they can just walk straight out the concrete walk directly to where the vendors are situated. See my post at Need accessible beach in Aruba

A taxi ride is $10 each way, per ride, not per person, from the ship to the De Palm Pier location between the Riu and Radisson. There is a $3 surcharge on Sundays. Taxis can only carry a maximum of 5 people.

http://taxiaruba.com/new/farelist.html

Enjoy!

Someone mentioned that you could use their property for the day as well....does anyone know the cost there?

Thanks

Olwyn:)

I have never heard that one before. We have stayed at the Radisson 4 times on land vacations and have never been aware of the resort selling day passes. All beaches in Aruba are public and anyone can put their towel in the sand anywhere on the beach. With this said, we have seen cruise ship passengers "try" use the resort's chaise lounges and palapas and then be asked by security to vacate them.

The last I inquired about day passes at the Radisson I was told that they do not sell them. If you would like to contact them, the number is 011-297-586-6555 (when dialing from the US). Would love to hear feedback on this if it is indeed true.

Archived