AOS questions

ArubaGal

First nite, is it open seatings at dinner, or do they start right in with assigned table #'s.

What days and times are the Parades?

Do they have a 70's night party on Promenade.

What type entertainment at Duck and Dog.

Days and times for ice shows.

Thanks for your help!

First nite, is it open seatings at dinner, or do they start right in with assigned table #'s.

What days and times are the Parades?

Do they have a 70's night party on Promenade.

What type entertainment at Duck and Dog.

Days and times for ice shows.

Thanks for your help!

No open seating first night; you sit at your assigned table. At Duck and Dog there is often a guitar player/singer. Also good spot for people watching.

Not sure about the other questions.

Have a nice cruise. :)

I have been asking most of these questions for months now without any answers. I now say the crickets will start chirping!! :D

I do think from researching the first night seatings are at 6:30pm and 9pm. Sail off is now at 8:30pm, not 10pm. I have no idea how this affects the first night shows because I haven't gotten an answer to that one yet. Seating is assigned and it is casual. I have not heard about the special parades or nights they have. I believe the ice shows are Tues-Thurs but that was last year - things could have changed. I do know Captain's dinner is Monday night for the Aruba itinerary with the promenade having a reception from 7:30-8:30pm. Again, no one has been able to confirm. I believe Quest is on Thurs but can not confirm that as well.

Another request for recent compasses would help out future AOS people a lot!!! Someone has to have them. I could easily download them to cruisedaillies or webshots if someone just faxes or scans them to me!

how come no one wants to surprised when they get on the ship? I think the surprise of what you see daily on the Compass is part of the fun! Relax, sit back and enjoy not having to be on a schedule like you have to be when you are working...most of all have fun!!!!

how come no one wants to surprised when they get on the ship? I think the surprise of what you see daily on the Compass is part of the fun! Relax, sit back and enjoy not having to be on a schedule like you have to be when you are working...most of all have fun!!!!

That is your choice of your vacation. I much prefer looking over the compasses prior to leaving so I can figure out what nights I want to do specialty dinners, what nights I am sending my kids to the kids club, which nights have good things going on so I know not to book AM excursions first thing in the morning as I will be too tired. If I just winged these cruises or vacations such as Disney with my family, I would never be able to do many of things that we get done because they all book up way in advance. For cruises, once I know everything prior to sailing, I make my excursions a few months out, spa appointments, specialty restaurants and babysitting service on the first day and then I don't have to worry about trying to switch and getting bumped out later in the week because there is no availabilty. I see many people miss out on many things on cruises or other vacations for lack of planning. So, do I plan in advance - definitately. Do I have a hard rigid schedule that has to be followed - Heck no! But I do not walk away from cruises or other vacations feeling that I missed out on things because I didn't know about them until 9am the day of.

So you can do your way and I will do mine.;)

Now, do you have any information about the AOS??

It's really interesting how we seem to treat each other on these boards. I hope that's not a preview of how we'll treat each other on the boat.

If you're a diehard planner, check out cruisedailies.com for up to date boat compasses. I looked at a recent compass to find out the dinner times for departure night. I'm not going to tell the goods though. I'll let the planners do that for themselves, seeing that they want to attack others for enjoying their vacations! :eek:

It's really interesting how we seem to treat each other on these boards. I hope that's not a preview of how we'll treat each other on the boat.

If you're a diehard planner, check out cruisedailies.com for up to date boat compasses. I looked at a recent compass to find out the dinner times for departure night. I'm not going to tell the goods though. I'll let the planners do that for themselves, seeing that they want to attack others for enjoying their vacations! :eek:

If you are talking about my post, I did not attack anyone. I wasn't even rude. I came in asking for AOS info like the OP and another poster came in telling us we shouldn't plan things and do things they way she chooses to - not once offering any info the OP asked. I came back and told her why I do plan - that was it. If you think that is attacking, you certainly haven't read many threads on CC yet. :eek: Also, the most recent AOS compass on cruise dailies was over a year ago when the itinerary was different which is why some people want some updated info. Nothing wrong with that. To each is their own.

Ouch..I'm almost sorry i asked!

I have 14 people travelling with me, aged 12 up to 83. People always have questions, and I was hoping to provide feedback. Just trying to keep everyone happy here. I was hoping to to get a feel for a few things so we can discuss them before we board. The first travel day is tiring, and I know that many times in the past it was an open sitting, and they would let you do early sitting for that one night only if you were a late seating person. I love the element of surprise, but also like to plan ahead just a little also. No harm in that.

Archived