transatlantic cruises

Irina

Just wondered if anyone has taken a transatlantic cruise, and if so how they liked it. I wanted to know how the weather was, if the seas were rough, and if there were too many sea days in a row. Please let me know, as we are considering booking one. Thanks!

We did the Transatlantic last March on Regatta,a wonderfull smooth sailing.

Our Norwegian captain remarked before coming in to Madeira-It`s the smoothest crossing I have ever done,my wife dryly remarked,he never told us how many crossings he has done????

Fearless Fred

I have done four (two in each direction) and all have been essentially smooth. The only bad one was the first night out of Lisbon enroute to South America .... long swells that caused quite a bit of seasickness among the passengers.

The rest have been smooth and delightful. The sea days can get long if for no other reason than the ship is small and the cruise staff is small so activities are not as intense as the large ships (but then we avoid the large ships for just that reason...).

Oceania has planned their current crossings so there is rarely more than 3 days in a row at sea. Our first was 7 days at sea, Madeira to Barbados, four years ago.

(-: Jack

Archived