EOS 1/12/08 cruise and Concierge Lounge Critique

MIKESMCS

OK first I can never go back to booking a regular cabin, I have been utterly and completely spoiled! We booked a JS Gty, and ended up with a GS , which came with all the amenities including one JULIAN QUERICO, Conceirge extrodinaire! HE sings, he dances, he all around entertains and pampers..... and he keeps the bar well stocked. Even booking this Suite full price is worth it considering... you can drink for FREE from 5 to 8:30 every night. the convience of pouring your own and not having to wait at the bar then sitting down for an hour ( or 2) of pre dinner entertainment, and in my opinion better then the actual stage shows is totally worth it. Then thier is the easy check in and departure, I have never been wisked through check in so fast.. I mean less then 5 minutes! and NO waiting to get off the ship. Now to the room, it was VERY large (8040) our room attendent Silvia was right on top of things I asked her once at the beginning to keep the ice bucket filled and it was . Oh yes everynight their was strawberries or a cheese plate or some sort of little or'derves waiting for us in the room , this added to the or'derves in the conceirge's lounge ( who needed dinner). Service in this class is quite a step up I must say. All in all this was a very nice cruise, but since this is also a critique I do have to point out a couple of issues , the biggest being the dinning room food and presentation... The food was ediable and that is the best I can say about it. You could get the same exact fare in he Windjammer cafe at night and it was hotter, and you did not have to bother with dressing up at all. We ate in the dinning room 3 nights and the last was lobster night.. now I am not considered a picky person BUT, serving lobster without clarified butter on the side is a little odd , then having to ask for it and having it served in a coffe cup saucer was even less acceptable, add in having no seafood fork not even a smaller salad fork to pick at your lobster and the lobster looking and tasting as if it were pre cooked pre filleyed left me with an overall opinion, why bother serving it at all. On another note again about the dinning room.. If your going to take the time to dress for dinner I really don't want to feel as if I am on an assembly line.. I know they have to set up for next seating but really asking a person if they are done with the main course while they are still chewing is pretty rude, and this happened all the time. We were a table of four, at times we would have to wait 30 minutes after ordering our main course while other tables around us who sat down and ordered after us were finishing and leaving before we got our main courses and then we felt as if we were given 10 minutes to eat it. Apitizers and soups should be a seperate course , but the courses have been reduced to 4 rather then 5 combining the two and at times the salad was served at the same time or before the 1st course was done.. again I know time is a concern but the first seating is at 6 the second at 8:30 , we were being hustled out by 7:00 -7:15 since we didn't get to place our orders before 6:15 -6;30 this left on average 45 minutes to be served and eat a four course meal. RC needs to work on this , the menu , the presentation and the quality of food, I do know that you shouldn't expect a gourmet meal.. but a steak that looks and taste like it's been pre cooked just doesn't cut it , . On a score of 1 - 5 five being best , the dinning room on this ship gets a 1 1/2 and thats only becuase the wait staff was the best thing about it and I don't blame them , this is the executive chefs fault and the Head Waiter fault, Every other service on this ship is first class, there is no reason the dinning room shouldn't step it up. One other small item , the spa book lists a 30 minute massage for $59.00 but I was told they didn't offer it, and my massage ended up costing $119.00 plus a tip.. If it isn't offered take it out of the book , the massage was wonderful but this felt like a bait and switch. Due to the reduced port times we opted to hit the beach on our own in Grand Caymen and picnic it, and did a short snorkel in Jamaica which was nice. Overall I would rate this the best cruise I have been on , I just wish they coul dtake a hint form Celebity for the dinning room , If I am going to take an hour or two to get dressed to eat I want it to be special and take longer to eat then it does to get ready. I would take this cruise again in a heart beat but pack 1 less suit case and take no dress clothes at all. Oh one other note The bathrooms in this Catagory are AWSOME , large bathtub shower combo, two sinks , lots of counter and storage space.. All over alot of closet and draw space, Oh and a mini fridge , and a large supply of appropriate wine and cocktail glasses on the bar., a great make up mirror, large balcony with two lounges, two chairs and two tables. extra pillows, blankets, a nice size couch ( pull out) and chair and a CD player stero ..

Hi there...

Good review of the ship and the concierge lounge.

We were on the same cruise with you and were in the CL everynight enjoying Julian's great show.:D

I am trying to figure out whom you may have been with all the people we met in the CL.

I am guessing the couple that have sailed with Celebrity a few times ?

Me and DW are from Vermont and not sure if that rings a bell with you from the CL or not ?

Julian was a hoot for sure and is worth the price of admission onto the ship. :D LOL !!!

We liked Enchantment and are going to try and go again in the fall hopefully, if Julian is going to be there anyway.:cool:

Bob:)

Hi there...

We were on the same cruise with you and were in the CL everynight enjoying Julian's great show.:D

I am trying to figure out whom you may have been with all the people we met in the CL.

I am guessing the couple that have sailed with Celebrity a few times ?

Me and DW are from Vermont and not sure if that rings a bell with you from the CL or not ?

Julian was a hoot for sure and is worth the price of admission onto the ship. :D LOL !!!

We liked Enchantment and are going to try and go again in the fall hopefully, if Julian is going to be there anyway.:cool:

Bob,

We feel like you do. We're currently booked for 9/20/08 and if

we find out that Julian isn't there we'll cancel and choose another

cruise. He's the main reason why we chose that ship. When are

you thinking of going?

Anita

Great Review we sail on EOS on 16 March, who was Cruise director thanks.

Hey Tom,

Just happened to be reading this thread. I think they're talking about the Enchantment, or maybe they are talking about the Explorer.........not sure. Anyway, I never saw that cruise director on the Explorer so I really do think they're talking about the Enchantment..............

Patty

Great Review we sail on EOS on 16 March, who was Cruise director thanks.

Tom,

Actually I think Allan Brooks is the CD on the Explorer. He was the CD the last 2 times we were on her. I know he was off for awhile around the holidays, but hopefully he's back on. I thought he was very good - I think you'll enjoy him. He was loads of fun!

Patty

Bob,

We feel like you do. We're currently booked for 9/20/08 and if

we find out that Julian isn't there we'll cancel and choose another

cruise. He's the main reason why we chose that ship. When are

you thinking of going?

Anita

Hi Anita...

We are thinking about going in September or October at this point.

Julian said he was taken his time off the end of April and should be back on Enchantment by July.

We told him we want to cruise Enchantment again while he is on the ship and told us to email him in a couple of months and he would let us know what his ship schedule will be.

...Hi there...

We were on the same cruise with you and were in the CL every night enjoying Julian's great show.:D

If you need a Julian "fix"...go here! He is the Best there is!:D

http://travel.webshots.com/video/3038968060080875955vFIIPI

BILL

Hi Anita...

We are thinking about going in September or October at this point.

Julian said he was taken his time off the end of April and should be back on Enchantment by July.

We told him we want to cruise Enchantment again while he is on the ship and told us to email him in a couple of months and he would let us know what his ship schedule will be.

You've got to be kidding? He just told us on the 12/20/07 cruise that his time off would be mid February through early April. This was to coincide approximately with his fiance's time off and he was planning to visit her home. Did he mention her at all? I'm wondering if this has something to do with the sudden change.

I just need to be able to read your thoughts! :)

OK first I can never go back to booking a regular cabin, I have been utterly and completely spoiled! We booked a JS Gty, and ended up with a GS , which came with all the amenities including one JULIAN QUERICO, Conceirge extrodinaire!

HE sings, he dances, he all around entertains and pampers..... and he keeps the bar well stocked. Even booking this Suite full price is worth it considering... you can drink for FREE from 5 to 8:30 every night. the convience of pouring your own and not having to wait at the bar then sitting down for an hour ( or 2) of pre dinner entertainment, and in my opinion better then the actual stage shows is totally worth it.

Then thier is the easy check in and departure, I have never been wisked through check in so fast.. I mean less then 5 minutes! and NO waiting to get off the ship.

Now to the room, it was VERY large (8040) our room attendent Silvia was right on top of things I asked her once at the beginning to keep the ice bucket filled and it was . Oh yes everynight their was strawberries or a cheese plate or some sort of little or'derves waiting for us in the room , this added to the or'derves in the conceirge's lounge ( who needed dinner).

Service in this class is quite a step up I must say. All in all this was a very nice cruise, but since this is also a critique I do have to point out a couple of issues , the biggest being the dinning room food and presentation... The food was ediable and that is the best I can say about it. You could get the same exact fare in he Windjammer cafe at night and it was hotter, and you did not have to bother with dressing up at all.

We ate in the dinning room 3 nights and the last was lobster night.. now I am not considered a picky person BUT, serving lobster without clarified butter on the side is a little odd , then having to ask for it and having it served in a coffe cup saucer was even less acceptable, add in having no seafood fork not even a smaller salad fork to pick at your lobster and the lobster looking and tasting as if it were pre cooked pre filleyed left me with an overall opinion, why bother serving it at all.

On another note again about the dinning room.. If your going to take the time to dress for dinner I really don't want to feel as if I am on an assembly line.. I know they have to set up for next seating but really asking a person if they are done with the main course while they are still chewing is pretty rude, and this happened all the time. We were a table of four, at times we would have to wait 30 minutes after ordering our main course while other tables around us who sat down and ordered after us were finishing and leaving before we got our main courses and then we felt as if we were given 10 minutes to eat it.

Apitizers and soups should be a seperate course , but the courses have been reduced to 4 rather then 5 combining the two and at times the salad was served at the same time or before the 1st course was done.. again I know time is a concern but the first seating is at 6 the second at 8:30 , we were being hustled out by 7:00 -7:15 since we didn't get to place our orders before 6:15 -6;30 this left on average 45 minutes to be served and eat a four course meal. RC needs to work on this , the menu , the presentation and the quality of food, I do know that you shouldn't expect a gourmet meal.. but a steak that looks and taste like it's been pre cooked just doesn't cut it , .

On a score of 1 - 5 five being best , the dinning room on this ship gets a 1 1/2 and thats only becuase the wait staff was the best thing about it and I don't blame them , this is the executive chefs fault and the Head Waiter fault, Every other service on this ship is first class, there is no reason the dinning room shouldn't step it up.

One other small item , the spa book lists a 30 minute massage for $59.00 but I was told they didn't offer it, and my massage ended up costing $119.00 plus a tip.. If it isn't offered take it out of the book , the massage was wonderful but this felt like a bait and switch.

Due to the reduced port times we opted to hit the beach on our own in Grand Caymen and picnic it, and did a short snorkel in Jamaica which was nice.

Overall I would rate this the best cruise I have been on , I just wish they coul dtake a hint form Celebity for the dinning room , If I am going to take an hour or two to get dressed to eat I want it to be special and take longer to eat then it does to get ready.

I would take this cruise again in a heart beat but pack 1 less suit case and take no dress clothes at all.

Oh one other note The bathrooms in this Catagory are AWSOME , large bathtub shower combo, two sinks , lots of counter and storage space.. All over alot of closet and draw space, Oh and a mini fridge , and a large supply of appropriate wine and cocktail glasses on the bar., a great make up mirror, large balcony with two lounges, two chairs and two tables. extra pillows, blankets, a nice size couch ( pull out) and chair and a CD player stero ..

This brought back great memories from our Enchantment cruise last January... It was the first time we were in the CL & due to Julian we are completely spoiled. He is the best concierge in the fleet!!! Thanks for the memories...Later, Jill:cool:

Archived