Time to get to the port

sunshade

There is a new guideline that says you need to be at the port at least 2 hours before sailing. On the Celebrity web site it says you need to be checked in and on board 90 minutes prior to sailing or you will not be permitted to cruise. It's apparently a new Homeland Security/ Customs and Immigration requirement. The web site says to pre-register before getting to the pier.

It depends on what time the docs say you are departing. AND if you want to be on ship to explore before your room is ready.

Are you going to be in Miami the day before? If not, you might want to check out Miami Beach if you don't plan on coming back there another time. A lot of suggestions are dependent on more info from you.

We are staying in Miami the day before. I think we will just take our time on Sat. morning and head over to the ship for around 11:00am. We are staying at the Hampton Inn blue lagoon so we are just a short drive away.

The count down begins....

I also suggest arriving at the port at 11:00.

Worse case you'll be waiting in line ups - but I would rather do that and people watch fellow cruisers / meet new people than wait somewhere's else like the hotel itching to go to the port.

Archived