tour cancelled-need advice

vikesfan

We are leaving this Sunday on the Caribbean Princess and will be in St. Thomas on Jan. 31. I had reserved a spot with Airforce 1 tours. Since it is just my DH and I, I thought that for $30 per person it would be a good deal compared to a cab for 2. But, I just got an email saying that our tour was cancelled. So, I am wondering if there are people around when we get off the ship that will be offering these types of tours (shopping, island tour and beach) or do I need to try to arrange another tour before we leave? If we use a cab, does anyone know approximate costs for getting to the shopping area, going up to the mountain top to catch the view and then to the beach? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

That is a pain! How long ago did you book with Airforce? I tried to book with them months ago and they told me to wait till 2 months before. When I tried to book (2 months to the day) they said they were not taking tours that day because they had a private wedding group.

There is always Sunny or Godrey who have both had many good reviews on these boards.

I booked with Ron because I wanted to do a different order. Tour first, beach next. Drop me in town last so I can go shopping and I will make my own way back to the ship.

He was very fast with e-mails. Hope it all works out for us and for you too. Good Luck!

http://www.ronstour.com/

That is a pain! How long ago did you book with Airforce? I tried to book with them months ago and they told me to wait till 2 months before. When I tried to book (2 months to the day) they said they were not taking tours that day because they had a private wedding group.

There is always Sunny or Godrey who have both had many good reviews on these boards.

I booked with Ron because I wanted to do a different order. Tour first, beach next. Drop me in town last so I can go shopping and I will make my own way back to the ship.

He was very fast with e-mails. Hope it all works out for us and for you too. Good Luck!

Do you have to pay in advance for Ron's tour?

VikesFan:

We are also on the CB on the 27th and our tour was also cancelled today by Air Force One Tours. Tried to book a ship tour but of course the personalizer is now closed. Its also just the two of us, so I'm hoping to be able to get on one of the tours offered by the ship.

Why not come over and say hello on our roll call. We have a really great group going.

Marge

No, Ron does not require us to pre-pay or give a deposit. Although I have not been able to find any reviews about his tour I really wanted to do things in this order so I am willing to take a chance and try something new.

Of course, once I've been there I will write a review. I used Oliver last year but that was just to take a taxi to the airport. He had an air-conditioned van.

Ron uses a Safari.

Thanks for all of your replies. I had booked with Airforce a few months ago. When I got home yesterday, he had left a message saying that he had a family emergency and had to leave the island. And, since he didn't know when he would get back, he needed to cancel the tours. Can't be mad, things happen. Plus, it was very nice of him to both email me and call me. I ended up booking with Sunny Liston instead. It's all good. I am very excited to get out of Minnesota (-8 today:eek: ) and get to the tropics!!!

I'm sorry to hear that. We went with Papa Bear from the Miracle on 12/21 (we had 13 people from our roll call and since we were all from the same ship and weren't sailing until 8 pm, we got an extended island tour).

I'll have to email him. His wife is a police officer and they have a 5-year old daughter. I hope there's nothing wrong.

There were also tours offered from the downtown shopping district.

vikesfan, i'm also on the same cruise with you, my sister booked the same tour as yourself. Now she called eee.tours.com and got the same tour with them in St.Thomas. We;ve got a great rollcall going on Jan.27 caribbean princess web page. There could be around 60 or more meeting at the outriggers at 3pm Sunday come over and say hello on roll call site. It's going to be a big party next week yahooo. Yours truely THEFOG

I had a very unpleasant experience in the beginning of my St. Thomas tour that left me in tears. The other couple I was with did not show up on a timely manner and made my boyfriend and I miss our reservation with Henry of EEE tours. Our only choice was to take a two hour cab for $25 a person...with no guided tour. I caught up with Godfrey at the first stop while he was giving a narrative...I was quite impressed and remebered he was the other I had wanted to book if had not been for EEE tours (just randomly choose EEE tours over him).

I approached Godfrey and asked if we can join his tour (because it was so early in his tour) and pay the cab driver to the mountain top (which was $9 a person). He was friendly and offered to talk to my cab driver for me, he said he was a man of g-d so he would not leave with us without telling the other cab drive which really impressed me. I approached my cab driver and told her I was not impressed with her "tour" (Island Tours) because there was no guided tour, a one way only stop to the beach or marketplace (with a paid fare back to the boat), and it was half the time of Godfreys tour. She refused to let me go without paying the full amount. I had booked two tours out of the five islands and I was looking forward to a tour on St. Thomas. I was so frustrated and upset I burst into tears (got a earful from my friends) for not wanting to stay on the taxi. Forced to stay my party and I walked back on the cab. On our way we saw Henry, when we told him who we were he gave us an evil look said you were late and drove away (we can thank my friends who came 20 minutes late). As we were pulling out GODFREY called us over and said he would take us for free!!!! He told us to pay the cab driver and join him because he wanted us to have a good experience.

Let me tell you...it was worth the lashing from the other couple. The tour was great...we stayed at sapphire beach for 2 hours (beautiful!!!!), saw a poor town and middle class town, and got dropped off at the shops...we also stopped for beautiful photo ops along the way. The whole tour was amazing...(even got to see where Weekend at Berneys was filmed). GODFREY was so amazing...he even took another couple to the shops at no charge to do a fellow taxi driver a favor. He is such an amazing guy...I do truly highly recommend him. He treated us as if we were paying customers, and I respect him in every way!!!!

What sights are you scheduled to see on "Ron's tour"?

I just have to say that we just returned and did the tour with Henry. We were not happy. He is a very nice man and very imformative, but if you truly want to spend time shopping and at the beach choose a different tour. Henry picked us up 30 minutes late and his 2-hour sight seeing portion took 3 hours. It included a visit to his house. Which for some, might seem fun, but for us it was a waste of time. When we only had one day to spend on St. Thomas we only ended up spending 1.5 hours at the beach (Sapphire is beautiful by the way) and 20 minutes shopping. So if you want an informative tour from a nice man and don't care much about beach time or shopping time then Henry is your man.

I'd rather go to the beach first too. Is that the $20.00 trip you got?

What sights are you scheduled to see on "Ron's tour"?

I asked to do mountain top, he didn't mention anything else in particular. Having never been there (actually was there once but saw the airport and emerald beach only) I'll let him decide:) what he thinks we should see. We are then going to Saphire for 2 hours. He will then drop us in town. We will make our own way back to the ship when we are tired of shopping. Most likely just grab a cab. (unless we are tendering) then we will walk to tender.

I booked for 4 but now 5 others from my roll call have signed up also. This is not a private tour and he uses a Safari style truck. The price is certainly right!

I have not been able to find any reviews, so I will of course post one when I return. I have booked the 4th of March.

Archived