Mexican Riveria

BonesDoc

We are looking at the Mexican Riveria, and wanted to know if anyone has been latley? I wanted to know about hotels and how to get to the pier? Is this cruise a reccommended one? We think we would love to do this one. :confused:

We are looking at the Mexican Riveria, and wanted to know if anyone has been latley? I wanted to know about hotels and how to get to the pier? Is this cruise a reccommended one? We think we would love to do this one. :confused:

This is a great cruise. I highly recommend it.

The San Pedro pier is located 20 miles south of LA, and there are hotels in the area, from about a half mile away on up...

Use this link to get a good list:

http://hotel-guides.us/california/los-angeles-ca-cruise-port-hotels.html

We just came off the Star sailing of 1/11, and it was fabulous! We had a mini-suite which was nice, and the ship was clean and easy to navigate. The ports were all great in their own way, the only complaint being we left them all too early (especially Ziuha/Ixtapa!). If you are interested and capable, we totally recommend the zip line (canopy tour) offered by Los Veranos in PVR. All I can say is, that's the most thrilling thing I've done in a long time, and I've had my moments!! You do not need to sign up for any excursions through NCL, as soon as you get ashore all the tour companys are represented and they do a good job working with your schedule. In Acapulco, a fellow cruiser lined us up with a private charter boat through Fish-R-Us, and it was so worth the $75 p/p. We pulled right up to the cliff divers like a boatload of rock stars! Capt. Freddie was terrific. You can get their contact info if you do a search on these forums. We had to take tenders ashore for three of the four ports, which was kind of a drag, but I heard that PVR is not usually like that so you may only have to do it twice. So, unless you are the kind of person who finds fault in every little thing and does not know how to have a good time, you will LOVE this trip!

One thing ... the Star has been doing an 8-day Los Angeles R/T for a lot of years. It's going to a 7-day itinerary starting in the fall of 08 (after she completes her Alaska season).

The Star is a bigger ship at 92,000 gt and holds upwards of 2200 pax. The Sun is a bit smaller and holds about 1800 pax. We've been on both ships and love them both for different reasons.

The Sun was the first Freestyle purpose-built ship for NCL. She is a sister ship to the Pride of Aloha (used to be the Sky) and her smaller size makes her a wonderful choice!

We can't wait to get back on her! Let us know when you book ...

Archived