PV at night?

H20 Lover

FORGET DINNER ABOARD SHIP AND SIGN UP FOR RHYTMNS OF THE NIGHT EXCURISON...its an 1 1/2 hour ride to las caletas beach followed with great food ,drinks and entertainment...here is video....the best night tour in PV

ralph in san diego

We'll be in PV until 10 pm. We'll go to dinner 1st seating (never miss that) and wondering if we should get off the ship after? Any ideas?

Not sure what you would want to do after your first sitting dinner. You would probably not get off the ship much earlier than 7:15 and you would have to be back on-board by 9:30. The real nightlife here in PV (we live here in the winter and I am writing this from my PV condo) does not really begin until after 10:00. A few of the bars can be fun earlier (like Ondale in the Romantic Zone) but that is just too far for you to venture after dinner.

Hank

Has anybody done this tour while on a cruise?

We will be on the Dawn leaving at the end of April. The cruise leaves PV at 10:00 pm. The Rhythms of the Night webpage http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/rhythms/comment.html indicates the tour is 5 1/2 hours leaving the dock at 6:30 pm. By my watch, that means we will miss the ship by about 1 1/2 hours.

We will be on the Dawn leaving at the end of April. The cruise leaves PV at 10:00 pm. The Rhythms of the Night webpage http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/rhythms/comment.html indicates the tour is 5 1/2 hours leaving the dock at 6:30 pm. By my watch, that means we will miss the ship by about 1 1/2 hours.

I wouldn't do that tour unless it was through the ship, they will not wait for you if you are late.

The Rhythms of the Night webpage http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/rhythms/comment.html indicates the tour is 5 1/2 hours leaving the dock at 6:30 pm. By my watch, that means we will miss the ship by about 1 1/2 hours.

If this tour is offered through the ship, I have to believe that you will get back in time. If it is not offered through the ship, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to book it privately...which is a shame. We did this tour last March through the ship (Vision of the Seas.) I think this was the highlight of our cruise. We had a great time. The crew on the boat that takes you to Caleta and back is an absolute riot. If possible, try to do this dinner tour.

Have fun,

Richard

Thanks Hank!

Is there anything right around the ship?

First, I appologize for mis-spelling Andales, which I should add is located in the Romantic Zone (this is just south of the center of town) on Olas Altas street. This can be a lively bar, but a majority of the patrons are over 40. There is also a thriving gay community in PV (mostly in the Romantic Zone) who have some of the more interesting clubs. As to what's around the cruise ship port (known here as the Marina district) there is not much nightlife that would attract anyone other than cruise ship passengers. You need to understand that there are currently only 6 ships that call in PV on a regular weekly basis and only 4 of those are even here after 6 pm. PV is a large area with several hundred thousand folks during the busy season, so cruise ships really do not make up a major portion of the economy except for the tour operators and a few of the jewelry stores that cater to the cruise passengers (most locals avoid these stores). I guess one of the things we love about PV is that it has not been ruined by cruise ships like some other places such as St Thomas and a few Alaskan Ports. Of course this could change in the future since they keep expanding the crusie ship capacity in PV (we hear they will eventually be able to handle up to 6 ships per day). We currently do not have any ships from Friday thru Monday.

Hank

Thank you all.

I usually book private tours for a number of reasons, not the least of which is the size of the group and the cost. I am aware the ship will not wait for me, although I think I'm important enough that they should. :rolleyes:

I brought up the question because I did not think it was offered on my cruise ( and after checking again, it doesn't appear to be) and wondered if anyone had been able to privately book it and make the departure time. Apparently not. Too bad. It looks like a fun time.:D

Yes, we will have time to stroll. Right now, I have reservations for my group of 10 people at the Vista Grill but I was looking for an alternative. Guess I will stay with my dinner reservations for 5:30 pm.

Yes, we will have time to stroll. Right now, I have reservations for my group of 10 people at the Vista Grill but I was looking for an alternative. Guess I will stay with my dinner reservations for 5:30 pm.

There are lots of alternatives to the Vista Grill (far from our favorite), but I guess it depends on your taste. There are restaurants popular because of their location (like the Vista Grill and Le Kiliff) and than there are the really high quality food restaurants such as Cafe d'Artists, Trio and the River Cafe. Cafe d'Artists is very romantic if you can get a table in their garden area and their bistro menu might be one of the great bargains anywhere. For about 470 Pesos per person you get appetizer, entree and dessert as well as 375 ml of wine. We are talking dinner for two for less than $100 (plus tip) and this meal would rival most restaurants charging twice the price. Of course eating at 5:30 in sunlight would not be our idea of dinner time (in Spain many restaurants do not even open until 9 pm), but we do understand that cruise line schedules force early dinners. If you are eating at 5:30 I think you could go anywhere in PV without a reservation..assuming the restaurant is even open that early.

Hank

Thanks for the info. I am always open to suggestions regarding eating.

I have passed your response along to my group. We will be eating later than 5:30, but wanted to arrive at the restaurant early for drinks and to enjoy the view. Nevertheless, your thoughts may change our mind.

Archived