Vantage River Explorer 6-27-08-anyone Out There Going?

starsinmyeyes

Has anyone been on the River Explorer through Vantage Travel? We are going Budapest to Hungary. Good - Bad? Am thinking of extra days in Budapest on one end and in AMsterdam on the other. Not necessarily through Vantage - seems pretty expensisve, especially in Amsterdam - $799 per person for 3 days. Any and all feedback would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

We are doing the Vantage Explorer from Amsterdam to Budapest July 11, 2008. First river cruise for us. I don't have any info but would like some!!! Any suggestions on where to get some more info about the "boat", the stops??

• 2 months later...

Well, this doesn't look too busy anyway but we are not going to be able to go this summer. We are planning on next summer. I had my knee replaced and intended on it being healing in time to have a great time but it was delayed due to pnumonia, then my DH had a detached retina and needed emergency surgery--twice. Didn't get it all repaired the first time. The movement restrictions for the eye recoverey caused him to put his back out of line and wore out his already ailing hip. He is scheduled for hip replacemnt in two weeks. By next summer we should be in great shape.

So If anyone has hints about this trip, I'll keep looking to see.

Archived