Where the Heck Is the Martini Bar?

GrammieMame

I've read so much about the Martini Bar here and was planning on hanging out there lots on our upcoming Millie cruise. Got an advance copy of the dailies and I see Rendez-Vour Lounge; Cosmos Nightclub; Cova Cafe; Ocean Cafe Bar and Michael's Piano Club. No "Martini Bar"! So I can't get those exotic martinis, or what?

On the Millennium the signs and some of the older floor plans call it the "Platinum Club" . On the Summit and the Connie it is just called the Martini Bar. The Starboard side is the Martini bar, and is non-smoking and the port side is the Champagne Bar and is smoking. Of course you can get martini's and champagne on the opposite sides, and other bar items as well.

Sorry Acey it is on the Starboard side (i.e. the right hand side when you're facing the "pointy" end of the ship with the "blunt" end to your back;) ).

On at least one M-class ship they plugged the hole in the floor overlooking the dance floor. Does anyone know if the Millenneum still has the hole in the floor (we like watching the dancers from the martini bar).

I just sailed on the Millenium on 1/6/08, yes there still is a hole in the floor. I think it is the best place to watch the dancers, karoake and anything else going on in the Rendezvous Lounge. It is quieter and the drinks are better!!! The martinis are awesome, you HAVE to try a Martini flight!! Wishing I would have copied down the martinis and ingredients from the martini list...does anyone have this?

Thanks!

I always stuck with the tried and true Martini and thought I lived dangerously by ordering a double. I tried the Martini sampler on the Mercury during our Alaska cruise. It is 6 minis on a cutesy serving tray (my husband and I shared) and there was more than enough for both of us. The Martini Bar on the Mercury is just outside the dining room but is tucked away beside a peculiar staircase which made people-watching difficult. I was lucky I could see straight after my sampler!!!:eek:

How much does Celebrity charge for a Martini?

Also, what are the different types of Martinis that are offered?

Most of the Martinis are $9.50 or $10.50 + the 15% mandatory service charge they tack onto all beverage orders throughout the ship. But the pours are very generous! I think it is a 4oz+ martini. Some of the other bars may have a smaller one for less money.

They have a menu with probably close to two dozen martini's including standbys like gin with an olive, vodka, Apple, Cosmopolitan, etc. Also quite a few less common ones including some of their own - a few unusual ones with odd spices (basil or hot spices) and several dessert martinis. The creamy chocolate is wonderful. They'll mix anything you ask for. I found they do absolutely the best I've ever had on martini's that are slightly fruity - apple, citrus, etc. They seem to make them strong with just the right balance for my tastes between pure vodka and something too fruity. You can get a martini sampler of a flight of 6 small martinis - always offered the first night during certain announced times and sometimes any evening on request.

On at least one M-class ship they plugged the hole in the floor overlooking the dance floor. Does anyone know if the Millenneum still has the hole in the floor (we like watching the dancers from the martini bar).

I believe it is the Infinity that had the opening between Deck Four and Five closed; therefore, no view or sound from Martini Bar/Champagne Bar to Rendez-Vous Lounge...

I recently worked on the Summit... she still had the opening.

I believe it is the Infinity that had the opening between Deck Four and Five closed; therefore, no view or sound from Martini Bar/Champagne Bar to Rendez-Vous Lounge...

I recently worked on the Summit... she still had the opening.

Yes, the opening to the Rendezvous Lounge on Infinity has been closed. Actually it is GREAT because now they have a jazz group playing there, very different from the dance music in the Rendezvous. It creates a much better space. We sailed on Infinity in November, 2007.

I've read so much about the Martini Bar here and was planning on hanging out there lots on our upcoming Millie cruise. Got an advance copy of the dailies and I see Rendez-Vour Lounge; Cosmos Nightclub; Cova Cafe; Ocean Cafe Bar and Michael's Piano Club. No "Martini Bar"! So I can't get those exotic martinis, or what?

Martini Bar is a great place to get almost any time of Martini you want. Also, it is on the floor about the Rendez Vous Lounge, but there is a large opening so you get to listen to the music. Understand it is now closed. We enjoy the area if we are not in the Rendez Vous lounge dancing. I have gone up to get a Martini and bring back down to Rendez Vous when a bartender names Suni was mixing great drinks.:)

Yes, the opening to the Rendezvous Lounge on Infinity has been closed. Actually it is GREAT because now they have a jazz group playing there, very different from the dance music in the Rendezvous. It creates a much better space. We sailed on Infinity in November, 2007.

A great place to meet and talk now. Jazz group was outstanding and not over powering. Don't miss the hole at all.

Rumour: Sudi (The master of the martini) now on the Century will be going to the Solstice

I'll tell you how good the martinis were. Halfway through the cruise we

stopped making them on the balcony and went to the martini bar. The

classic (Gray Goose with Noilly Prat) were indeed classic - so good we

ended up bringing some of our vodka back home.

I'll tell you how good the martinis were. Halfway through the cruise we

stopped making them on the balcony and went to the martini bar. The

classic (Gray Goose with Noilly Prat) were indeed classic - so good we

ended up bringing some of our vodka back home.

I agree! We no longer both to bring much liquor or wine for in-room consumption as we've found we really enjoy going to the martini bar. They make great martinis and we've found it is a great place to meet some of our fellow cruisers. Times in the martini bar are some of our best cruise memories - of course after drinking all those martinis it's amazing we can remember anything at all!

Archived