Color Scheme Confusion

NurseBeth

Okay ladies...I need some help when it comes to colors for my wedding. One day I think I've decided, and then the next I'll get another idea and start changing my mind.

We would like to get married this November. Sometimes I want to use the month/time of year for color inspiration, and others I want to draw on the nautical feeling of the ship for my color theme.

I'm curious as to what colors you have chosen, how you picked them, what inspired you, etc. I really like the chocolate brown & pink combo, but I also saw some things in navy blue and fuschia that were really pretty, and I thought the navy blue would be a nautical touch to the wedding.

Basically...HELP! I'm open to any ideas....I just can't seem to make a decision! :confused:

i am doing brown, orange and ivory. my dress is ivory and i am holding orange lillies with brown and ivory. my girls are wearing chocolate brown party dresses that we found for $60 at david's bridal. i love the whole orange and brown theme since we are getting married in october. i'll let you know how that works out when i get my bouquet samples! lol.

good luck! brown and pink is very cute...i also like the brown and turquoise.

~jess

We're doing navy blue and fuschia for our April wedding. I saw it a magazine last year and thought the same thing about the navy adding a nautical element. My dress has a sash in azalea (from David's) and the bridesmaids are wearing dresses of their choosing in that color.

I think chocolate brown with any color would look great for a fall wedding.

Terra cotta, copper, dark red, navy blue, burgundy, forest green and yellow make me think of an autumn wedding too.

Also, here is a link of 2 and 3 color combinations for all seasons of weddings.

http://www.prye.com/view/wedding_colors.html

I love chocolate brown, thats originally what i picked. With baby blue.

Then i went to a bright aqua/water colored blue.

Then yellow.

Finally i decided to go with the time of year thing. Since we are getting married the saturday before valentines day we are doing Cranberry and pale pink as main colors and black and white polka dots as accents.

So, as you can see, its quite normal to change your mind multiple times LOL.

Totally agreed! I started with Chocolate brown and Tiffany Blue. I really wanted red, but then had my friend try on some dresses and we both loved a vintage Lilac color. So, I am going with that and either silver as the accent or a dark pink. I still haven't decided that yet.

It will change a hundred times before your wedding!

Thanks girls! I don't feel quite so much like a freak knowing I'm not the ONLY one who has changed their mind about a zillion times. I'm leaning towards the navy/fuschia OR a brown/blue combo....I think the brown & blue would be like a "sand and sea" touch to the wedding.

It's so funny because one of the reasons I chose a cruise wedding was the "simplicity" of it, but there are still lots of decisions to make. I must confess though I'm glad that it's finallly "my turn" to do the wedding thing....I will be 30 in April and I'm ready to marry my Hunny and get on with our lives (a.k.a. house & babies!!)!!!

How are you girls pulling your colors into your ceremony/ reception? I don't know how much decorating I can actually do with it being in a room that already has its own color scheme. I'm a little worried about them clashing. I don't know which ship we'll be on (so no clue about the room) but I want to do something tropical. I'm just worried we'll get put in a restaurant with completely different decor and the colors wont go.

Any input?

That was something I was concerned about at first, but now I've just decided to let it go for the most part. A drawback of a cruise wedding is you have NO idea what setting you will have for your wedding until about 2 weeks beforehand. Some ways you can bring your colors into the wedding is through flowers, your bridesmaids dresses, maybe some napkins for the reception, and your favors. I hadn't planned on adding any other real decorations to the rooms, but some other brides on this board might be?

Archived