Adult Disco - Teenagers

ebb32

What are the age restrictions for the adult disco?

We will be on the Triumph which has an o2 area for the teens, however we were hoping we could party a little with our 17 year old family members in the adult disco, mainly before it gets really crazy in there!

we never had a problem with the 17's in my family... as long as they go in with you it wont be a problem.....or at least it shouldnt be

Not on my last crusie, security was tight!!!

Even if you were already in the disco, at 11pm security would walk around and card everyone.

They shouldn't be in the Disco after 11 anyway, it's the Adults time to play:)

Not on my last crusie, security was tight!!!

Even if you were already in the disco, at 11pm security would walk around and card everyone.

They shouldn't be in the Disco after 11 anyway, it's the Adults time to play:)

I agree entirely, but i do want them to experience it.

The piano bar:eek: , well maybe when they are 25.

In my expierince, the disco has teen or camp carnival activities before the 18 and up time begins. Usually starting at 10pm they have security stationed at the door checking ID's as they deem necessary. I've seen this on every ship I've been on with Carnival, and before I was 18 got the pleasure of being told I couldn't go in, lol.

Started carding at 10pm when the DJ started on our Liberty cruise a few weeks ago.

It wasn't an issue on this cruise because nobody was the disco that early, but on past cruises I have seen security walk around and card those already inside at the time when the DJ begins the night in earnest.

I can tell you having been on 10 Carnival cruises that they generally are VERY strict about checking, at least at the main door (teens have sometimes been known to sneak in other ways). I find the strictness of carding at the disco quite comical (as I personally believe it's kind of an arbitrary restriction), but I do understand and appreciate why they do it, especially on cruises were there are tons of teens. Now that there's Club O2 (which Carnival ships used to not have, back prior to the Conquest class ships), they've become even stricter.

On all of my past cruises they have carded you at the door after 10pm.But if you are real nice to the doorman and let im know that you will by your 17 year old at all times,he might give you some slack.He did it for us.

I guess it will be like everything with cruises.... different for everyone...I have never had any of the younger ones in my family checked or told to leave, or that they couldn't get in. although they are always with us and act mature... not drinking or causing a scene....we would be the first to tell them to leave if they were acting otherwise becuase we always take others good times into consideration as we hope they would for us....but back to the point, I have rarely even seen guards at the door on most of my cruises.. so yea i guess different week , different ship, different experience.... so just give it a shot and if they say no ....oh well

My teens could dance with other in teens indisco from 830-930, but no one was ever there for them to dance with So I wanted to go in just to get the girls dancing and CCL would not let me go in. At 10pm when I could go in, they were not allowed AT ALL! Someone stands outside the door and checks all ID starting at 10pm.

I have 2 teen girls that just wanted to dance with mom and there was nowhere for them to do this on CCL. Now I love CCL, but not with teens, plus the girls do not want to go on CCL again.

Seems like such a small thing, but it really does matter.

My teens could dance with other in teens indisco from 830-930, but no one was ever there for them to dance with So I wanted to go in just to get the girls dancing and CCL would not let me go in. At 10pm when I could go in, they were not allowed AT ALL! Someone stands outside the door and checks all ID starting at 10pm.

I have 2 teen girls that just wanted to dance with mom and there was nowhere for them to do this on CCL. Now I love CCL, but not with teens, plus the girls do not want to go on CCL again.

Seems like such a small thing, but it really does matter.

Don't know if all ships have it but the Liberty had a "Happy Hour" from 7-8:30 each night where all ages were welcome in the disco - there was usually a theme - 70s, 80s, reggae, etc. Saw all ages from seniors to toddlers and was a great spot for a cheap pre-dinner drink and some different music. Late at night security was outside checking id's for anyone who looked young enough.

On our Miracle cruise we saw quite an argument with a mother because security wouldn't let the daughter into the disco without ID - even though the mother was going with her and the mother kept swearing that the daughter was 19. So it is enforced sometimes.

My son will be 19 when we go on the cruise, if I am understanding correctly, he is allowed in the disco after 10, right?

Is there anything for the 18-21 group to do? Seems like they slip through the cracks because they are not considered adults but there is no place for them to go!

My son will be 19 when we go on the cruise, if I am understanding correctly, he is allowed in the disco after 10, right?

Is there anything for the 18-21 group to do? Seems like they slip through the cracks because they are not considered adults but there is no place for them to go!

there should be a single meet and greet about midnight on the first night.

My kids are that age and didnt have a problem finding stuff to do.

On our last Liberty cruise- the disco was being used for the 12-14 year olds until 10pm. they were asked to leave at that time and reopened about 11pm for adults.

the 15-17 had their own area.

I was on the Miracle last week and they were super strict about checking peoples Id's.... I just loved watching them turn away young kids that tryied to sneak in the door.... One night a bunch of the Miracle dancer girls went to Frankensteins and one girl had her brother that must have been say 17 and her had no ID with him, they turned him away...... And why must most of the people that work for CCL smoke their, it was crazy.......:D :D

Archived