How does Oceania confirm BonVoyage gifts?

NYLady

This is our first cruise and for Christmas our children gave us wine (a case) and would like to make sure there are no "slip-ups". By phone, our TA was able to confirm that there was wine noted...but we would like to make sure that those on the ship know it too...How does that work?

Are you saying that they ordered you an entire case of one particular wine?

If so, that must be a wine to which you are particularly partial.

If the case was ordered because the availability of that wine is important to your enjoyment of the cruise, I would definately insist that your TA contact the sommalier, well before your sailing date, to insure that a sufficient quantity has been laid in.

If, however, you intend to order other wines once you are onboard, and simply want to insure that your shipboard account has been credited, the confirmation that the wine is noted on the Oceania system is sufficient.

Don't take no for an answer, your TA is paid a commission to help you, it's not a voluntary thing,

That being said, the wine departement on Oceania is marvelously well organized (better than ANY other cruise line!). Once you've opened a bottle in any bar or restaurant onboard, they will serve you from it in any other bar or restaurant at the perfect temperature and in the appropriate glass!:rolleyes:

Have a great first cruise!

Thank you so much for the response.

In fact, they purchased 12 bottles (1 case equiv) of a combination champagne, red and white wines. Quite expensive as a Bon Voyage gift but, practically speaking, it represents 5 gifts:

1. Christmas for DH

2. Chrismas for me

3. Birthday for DH (we sail the day after his birthday)

4. Birthday for me (we sail the day before my birthday)

5. Bon Voyage for our first cruise and Valentine's Day is 3 days later

We have confirmed with Oceania directly and through the TA and have both confirmation number and a list of the wines. Everything seems wonderfully well organized and we are very happy the depart is quickly approaching. - Feb 11, 2008 -

Archived