Captain Pier Paolo Scala is the BEST

UncleInci

We just returned from the Ecstasy and Captain Scala is by far the best captain I've encountered in the Carnival fleet. I never realized how much the captain of the ship could influence the cruise experience (though in hindsight if seems rather obvious). It was amazing how frequently you would see him and his senior staff around the ship. And his cigars under the stars party was an unexpected treat. I can't wait to sail with him again!

We just returned from the Ecstasy and Captain Scala is by fart the best captain I've encountered in the Carnival fleet. I never realized how much the captain of the ship could influence the cruise experience (though in hindsight if seems rather obvious). It was amazing how frequently you would see him and his senior staff around the ship. And his cigars under the stars party was an unexpected treat. I can't wait to sail with him again!

You may want to edit your spelling, "by fart " :) glad you had a good time. We really liked our Miracle Captain last summer, very personable and seen all the time

We just returned from the Ecstasy and Captain Scala is by far the best captain I've encountered in the Carnival fleet. I never realized how much the captain of the ship could influence the cruise experience (though in hindsight if seems rather obvious). It was amazing how frequently you would see him and his senior staff around the ship. And his cigars under the stars party was an unexpected treat. I can't wait to sail with him again!

i thought he was FANTASTIC!!!! he was the capatain when we sailled elation last feb.

he is the only captain who ever stood out to us. we really liked him. so much so that i wrote a very nice note about him to corporate.:)

Would love to see a review of your trip. Also, will you be posting any pictures or capers or anything?

Glad to hear it was a wonderful trip, looking forward to my own trip in May.

Fixed it for ya' Uncle...

Goodness! .... The OP has been Mached. :eek:

I don't mean to bash...but I am sure he worked quite hard to acheive the rank of Captain...Out of respect for that acheivement, I think he should be referred to as "Captain Scala".;)

Thank you Colonel Jessop.

will you be posting any pictures

The OP will be the one with the clothes peg over his nose. :D

We have sailed with him as well and he is very nice.

However, my favorite is Captain Volpi. He just thrills the "ladies" as he strolls through the dining room at lunch greeting the guests...asking how everything is.

He is such a sweetheart!

I heard about this post from another thread and it's even funny now that it's been fixed!!! (Thank heavens the quotes aren't fixed...) Thanks!!!

We're out on the ECSTASY in 10 days... If I have a moment... I just might have to share this with the Captain! :D

Uncle, you may be famous for this before you cruise under him again...

Archived