stingrays and the monthly cycle

sixgun8

Ok, my wife is actively tracking the calender and she thinks she'll be fine, but may potentially have an issue. She may be on the downside of her monthly cycle when we are in GC. We want to do the stingrays, but she is concerned about any effect that would have on the stingrays or other WILD animals in the water.

Sorry to potentially gross anyone out with this post, but it is a legitimate Question. Not sure why she wouldn't post it though.

I doubt it. The wildest animals at the sandbar are humans. Stingrays and a few small fish are the only other choices.

The stingrays are too busy begging for food and trying not to get stepped on.

Even if they had a way of knowing, I'm not sure what they could possibly do. They have no teeth or offensive weapons. The stinger is purely for defense and they have no directional control over it.

I'd email a few of the more popular vendors if there is real concern.

nope, the stingrays like squid.

Had at least a couple of gals on our tour last week who can 100% confirm that. :cool:

But if you get a piece of squid to feed them with, then wipe your hands on your swim suit, you might get a little extra lovin' from one of the rays who have a keen sense of smell (for squid that is).

Archived