Tour with Oscar 12/9/04

criss

Welcome `! Have you signed up for the Meet & Mingle. Also check out the link in my signature for the thread on our cruise

Oscar will customize a tour to what we want but since we have never been to Costa Rica before we asked for his suggestion. Oscar's description of the tour is below but I am sure he will work with us if there is a specific request.

The Tortuguero Canal tour is a tour through the rain forest, where you can see all wild life: alligator, monkeys, slots, different type of birds, Then I will take you to the Bamboo trade school, banana plantation, coco beans farm, City tour, the two biggest hotels around the coast, one is a botanical garden, and the other one has a nice vie and a tall hill, a white sand beach, the rich area, and a surprise stop; witch will take you to the highest part of the city . I include soft drinks along the tour.

I think my DH signed us up. Let me run this past him. I'll get back to you either later today or tomorrow, if that's O.K.

Sounds like good tour. We wanted to do the Tortuguerro Canal for sure and were thinking of contacting Oscar to see if he could do a combination of the Canal and maybe the Sloth Sanctuary.

Great! Hopefully a few more will join us.

Oscar replied back, the cost is $45pp. He said the tour we are set up for will last 4 to 5 hours. I will get the pick up info from him as we get closer to December.

• 1 month later...

Still room..So far there are only 4 of on the tour. You and your wife will make 6. There is room for 14 on the van but I am trying to stay around 10 -12. Let me know for sure you both want to go and I will let Oscar know to hold 2 more spots.

Yeah we are signed up for the meet and mingle.

For the Canal we plan on staying on the ship and watch it pass through the canal. Everyone talks about what a great experience it is.

If we stop in Grand Cayman (hopefully it will reopen by then) we are going to 7 mile beach. We did the stingray tour on our last cruise. As for Aruba we go just going to go to a beach and hang out for the day.

Criss,

Put us down tentavely for 4 people, I need to confirm with the other 2 people, I will let you know definite in a few days.

I will have a manual wheelchair, but I can get in a van no problems, it will fold up and go in the back.

What are the payment arrangements? Does he stop for a meal?

Thanks

Sherry

Oscar has a 1998 Hyundai stretch van. Keep your crew to 12 or less, these vans are not like a big Ford or Chevy 15 pass.

Near the end of your tour he will stop at "Restuarante Alfaro", the food here is very good, a beer is like 80 cents, and the view from the outdoor (but covered) decks here........priceless

Due to popular demand we have added a second van!! Oscar has agreed to add a second van so we have enough room for 4 more.

Anyone else interested?

Confirmed so far (16)

boxer_mommy & me (2)

Iszu (2)

CruisingD (2)

Shebbieal (4)

Gatorcruiser (2)

Shelbychloe (4)

Just heard back from Oscar, we are confirmed for 2 vans at this time. We are currently at 16 particapants and have room from 4 more. Any one else???

Also Oscar only takes cash, he runs this a small business and is not able to take credit cards so plan ahead.

Welcome to the tour!! I am not sure what time we meet Oscar or on which port each ship is at but I will ask him in my next email.

For all others the tour is full. Those confirmed at this time

Confirmed so far (20)

boxer_mommy & me (2)

Iszu (2)

CruisingD (2)

Shebbieal (4)

Gatorcruiser (2)

Shelbychloe (4)

Damngoodcruiser (2)

Westiebits (2)

Sounds great. Sign us up, we're ready to go!

What time will you all be meeting Oscar at the dock? Also, do you know which dock your ship will arrive at? I understand there are two at Limon.

Thanks very much.

Oscar says he will be at the peir @ 8am local time holding a sign with my name (Greg Crissman). I am still waiting on a response to the peir question.

Archived