Connie: the gym/exercise area

gracecarmo

Hi Grace,

I've used the gyms on the m-class ships but never inquired about a trainer. I'm going to take a guess and say yes as I've seen the same ship personnel in the gym on different occasions and they were conducting classes. May not be the trainer you're looking for but they are there to answer questions pertaining to the gym and it's equipment.

Lillietbean. Yes there is a track for running/walking on the sports deck.

Have fun cruising !!

Barry

could be possible if the attendant does indeed give classes. He/she must know something re the different machines and can determine which would be good etc. and how long and strenuous they should be for my weary, sagging bod!:D :D

I do not want to do any classes...just learning about the machines and working out on a few.

Once, on another line (Princess) they offered a PT. for about $80 for the cruise. However, that was years ago and I know fees have risen.

Thanks Barry for the info.

I've seen them offering a personal trainer for a fee by appointment. I don't think there is anyone in the gym offering such services on the fly - in fact I'm not sure there is always an attendant there - but often employees passing through.

They do have several different types of fitness classes every day (aerobics, spinning, etc) for a small charge.

Walking Jogging Track - there is a 1/5 mile track on deck 11 on M Class ships - it wraps around the area overlooking the pool and extends to the aft of the ship. One of my favorite sea day activities is to walk outside in the fresh ocean breezes for a few miles to work off some of my martinis and desserts! I like to wear a lap counter type watch to help keep track of my laps.

About 1/3 of the track is in the area overlooking the pool. In this area it can get quite congested mid day - as the path is narrow and surrounded on both sides by lounge chairs. Some people pull their chairs into the path, there will be people walking slow, standing in place talking and even waiters carrying trays of drinks. So you'll need to be patient in that area. Upside is that it a nice area to just enjoy the scene and even listen to the party band playing by the pool if you're walking/running at the right time. The back 2/3 of the path is more open and there is room to run around "slower traffic". If you feel the need to run the entire loop, you'll need to do it early in the morning before many people are there.

I saw an employee approach a person at the gym having difficulty with a machine to see if they needed assistance. (Millenium) Not sure what their job was but I think they wore a grey outfit.

There is always someone in the gym when it's open to help you with machines, etc. Just ask and they'll show you. If you walk/run for exercise, the track is best used early morning... I'm usually up there by 6:30, sometimes earlier. The same walkers and runners seem to show up every day. Later on it's nearly impossible to keep any sort of pace going. If I don't get my walk in before the lounge chairs fill up I head to the gym and use a treadmill.

Archived