Kohala Coast - Driving Advice Pretty Please

suziehmkr

Aloha friends!!

Now that we are done with Mexico for a while, it is time for me to focus on our trip to Kona in December for a land vacation. I figured we would just break areas up in segments and go that way.

My first question will be about the Kohala Coast. Since we don't have to catch a ship, timing isn't really an issue.

So - for all of the Kohala experts...

It is better for us to cut thru to Waimea & up 250 to Pololu Valley Lookout and meander back along the coast? Or take our time up the coast first and come back inland. We want to hit all of the interesting heiaus, petroglyphs, etc... but also get some snorkeling in and just enjoy our day. Does it really matter one way or the other? My instinct says to go thru the island and come back via the coast - but I might be missing an important factor that I don't know about. I don't want to feel rushed on this vacation at all - nor do I want to miss anything. Big responsibility planning itineraries for the family. :D

And I know traffic can be bad. Is it worse on the weekends, or does it really matter? This will help me pick the day of the week we will be doing this.

Mahalo!!

Archived