Group of 5 -Barcelo Atenea Mar/taxi's

Already i've encountered some problems with our trip for next June: travelling with 2 adults and 3 teens.

Hotels in Barcelona dont seem to accomodate more than 2 people per room ( at reasonable prices that is ) -- I really dont want to get 3 rooms so that one of our children has a place to sleep, and since they are all teens, they are not considered children to the hotel.

I made a reservation at what appears to be a nice hotel on the beach -- since its our air travel recovery day -- we don't want to be sightseeing too much. The Barcelo Athenea Mar seems to be a decent 3 star hotel which i got on Expedia for $130 (american) per night. I have back up reservations in which i was able to pre- request an extra bed. Has anyone stayed at the Atenea to know if cots or roll aways are available? Or in general, is it possible to call the hotel directly to make this request? I know I have tons of time -- so i'm not too concerned, but trying to take care of a few steps now while i have the time.

Another question is can 5 people fit in a taxi? or again, am I going to have to take 2 to get from airport/ hotel and hotel/ port?

Thanks

Tonitours@hotmail.com has a van that can accomodate you for your airport transfer. Very good service! As for the hotel, we had a problem finding accomodations for our family of 4, we ended up with 2 rooms at the Atrium Palace. I'm glad we did as the price, accomodations, and location were excellent, I highly recommend it.

Becky

Already i've encountered some problems with our trip for next June: travelling with 2 adults and 3 teens.

Hotels in Barcelona dont seem to accomodate more than 2 people per room ( at reasonable prices that is ) -- I really dont want to get 3 rooms so that one of our children has a place to sleep, and since they are all teens, they are not considered children to the hotel.

I made a reservation at what appears to be a nice hotel on the beach -- since its our air travel recovery day -- we don't want to be sightseeing too much. The Barcelo Athenea Mar seems to be a decent 3 star hotel which i got on Expedia for $130 (american) per night. I have back up reservations in which i was able to pre- request an extra bed. Has anyone stayed at the Atenea to know if cots or roll aways are available? Or in general, is it possible to call the hotel directly to make this request? I know I have tons of time -- so i'm not too concerned, but trying to take care of a few steps now while i have the time.

Another question is can 5 people fit in a taxi? or again, am I going to have to take 2 to get from airport/ hotel and hotel/ port?

Thanks

WE STAYED AT THE HOTEL BARCELO ATENA MAR ON AUG 29TH FOR ONE NIGHT. WE HAD A RATE OF 75.00 EURO FOR THE NIGHT FOR THE TWO OF US. IT WAS A VERY CLEAN NEW HOTEL, WITH FREE COMPUTER USAGE IN THE LOBBY. WE HAD A CRIB IN ONE OF THE ROOMS, AND THERE WAS ENOUGH ROOM FOR IT, BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO ASK THEM, CALL THEM DIRECTLY TO GET A ROOM FOR 4 PEOPLE, AS THE ROOMS HAD 2 TWINS IN THEM.. AND NO ROOM FOR A COT.. THE CRIB DID FIT THO. THEIR BREAKFAST WAS 12 EURO A PIECE, AND VERY NICE... WELL WORTH IT AS THERE WAS NOT MUCH IN THE WAY OF RESTAURANTS AROUND THE HOTEL.

WE USED ANGIE FROM TAXIINTERNACION@terra.es TO PICK US UP AND TAKE US TO THE SHIP AND PICKED US UP FROM THE AIRPORT, IN HER BIG VAN, 5 WILL FIT, FOR 35.00 EURO.. SHE WAS FANTASTIC..

Archived