Special K Challenge

misty57

Hi Chris:)

Congrats on the weight loss. I had a good week...at least up until last night. DH and I went out for drinks and dinner, sort of splurged:eek: well, those 2 lbs that I lost during the week were back this morning plus a little more. How can one night out ruin a whole week. I realize it will come off again but having what you want for one night should not ruin the whole week. So back on track, will let you know how it goes this week.

Keep up the good work!!:)

Laura

Hey Carol,

This might just might turn into our own personal thread LOL...I don't mind if you don't;) I read some good reviews about HAL but I doubt we will go with the line any time soon. Yes, today we would have been on Galaxy...I was a little gloomy while at work today but I knew I would be. I became very close to a few gals on the roll call for that cruise and I was so looking forward to meeting them. They sailed a few hours ago, I hope they kept their promise and toasted both Kevin and me. I'm sure once you see how beautiful Alaska is you will forget all about the cold.

Just for the record, Kevin and I always enjoyed spending time with you and Jerry. I always thought it would have been nice to get together off ship...maybe one day.

I hope the seminar goes well. I'm sure your eggplant parm came out delicious...:p send some this way. Yes, I've heard of skinny cow but never tried it. I use the WW entrees. You take care for now and keep in touch.

So, how are you doing on your diet Chris:) Please keep me posted as to how you are doing. Haven't had a slice of bread since Monday...that is easy for me, the sweets are a challenge for me. I hope to see the numbers change on the scale next week. Have a good week.

Carol, say hello to Jerry and Kevin sends his best too!!

Laura

Hi Laura, I'm back.:) I was just reading the Celebrity board and saw a live from the Galaxy post. I guess that's the cruise you had to cancel. Lois R sounds like she is having a wonderful time, but then every post I see by her is upbeat. She's been around these boards for a long time and I always enjoy seeing what she has to say.

I put a roll call post up for our HAL Alaska trip, but it is dead, dead, dead. Looks like we'll have the ship to ourselves.

I just got back from a 2.5 mile walk and I'll probably go back out and clean the yard a bit. The more I move around and burn some calories the more I can eat for dinner!:D

Tell Kevin hello for us too. Do you still have the same e-mail? Or if you have mine - drop me a line.

Carol

Hi Carol:)

It is such a beautiful day...was a good day for a walk. I was off today but had someone in today to start repairs to my kitchen ceiling and I had some laundry to do so I did not make it outdoors...but Spring is coming so I have plenty of days to get out there.

Yes, the Live from Galaxy is the cruise I was supposed to be on. And Lois is terrific...we have become close and we keep in touch through emails regularly. She and I made that roll call and it was one of the best. I have to admit that our Zenith roll call was just as good.

Yes, if you could give me your email again that would be great. My email is the same, hasn't changed. Would like to keep in touch. Who knows, maybe we will end up on the same ship again some day or like I said, getting together off ship would be nice too. How is Jerry doing? is he keeping out of trouble LOL. I know he can be accident prone LOL. We had a really nice time with the both of you on Zenith...especially the night playing the ping pong table...lots of fun.

Anyway, yes keep in touch and if you need my email let me know.

Chris,

Having a hard time getting off these pounds I gained over last weekend...but I am staying on track. Hope you are having a good week:)

Chat later

Laura

Hi Carol,

Just wanted to let you know that I tried the Skinny Cow chocolate cones and they are delic...:p :) and only 150 calories. I can't help it, I need my sweets, better low cal then regular LOL.

Hope you are having a good week...another good day for a walk.

Hi Chris,

How is the diet going?

Chat later

Laura

Hi Carol,

Just wanted to let you know that I tried the Skinny Cow chocolate cones and they are delic...:p :) and only 150 calories. I can't help it, I need my sweets, better low cal then regular LOL.

Hope you are having a good week...another good day for a walk.

Hi Chris,

How is the diet going?

Chat later

Laura

Hi Laura & Chris too:)

Yup - you are right - better a low-cal treat than a full fat one. I'm going to try them next time they are on sale at the super market. The ice cream sandwiches that look like Carvel flying saucers are the ones I have my eye on! ;) I've never been a "sweets" person but lately I've been getting cravings. Must be a peri-menopause symptom:rolleyes: .

Anyway, Laura I'll drop you an e-mail this weekend -probably Sunday. I have to run out and do some work for my mother. She has a lot of shrubs and trees that need to be trimmed back - at least I'll get some exercise.

Carol

Carol,

I've always had a sweet tooth....I do not like fruit at all, what a shame, I could be so thin today LOL. I actually bought another box of the skinny cow this afternoon. Afterall there are only 4 cones in a box and I can easily have two a day LOL. We must be opposite...it is rare I crave salt (chips, pretzels, peanuts). And yes, you could be pre-menopausal...thought you went through that already? I should be looking forward to that within the next couple of years:eek:

Okay, will look for an email from you...have a good weekend:)

Hi Chris,

How is everything...hope to hear from you soon. Would like to know how you are doing.

Chat later

Laura

Hi Laura

I haven't been back on the scale since my last post... I've been doing pretty well with my diet changes. I'm trying to eliminate white sugar,white flour and aspartame. No soda since 3/2! Lots of water and one or two ice teas a day. I'm also trying not to eat potatoes but that's really hard to do. I've been trying to keep track of the number of WW points I eat each day but not focusing so much on that either, but I seem to be staying within my target point range anyway. I hope you're doing well with your efforts.

I need to start doing more excercise now that the weather is getting better. It's hard to fit it in as I've been working nearly everyday!

Hope you have a good weekend

Chris

Carol,

I've always had a sweet tooth....I do not like fruit at all, what a shame, I could be so thin today LOL. I actually bought another box of the skinny cow this afternoon. Afterall there are only 4 cones in a box and I can easily have two a day LOL. We must be opposite...it is rare I crave salt (chips, pretzels, peanuts). And yes, you could be pre-menopausal...thought you went through that already? I should be looking forward to that within the next couple of years:eek:

Okay, will look for an email from you...have a good weekend:)

Hi Chris,

How is everything...hope to hear from you soon. Would like to know how you are doing.

Chat later

Laura

LOL Laura - No, unfortunately my ovaries are still kicking! :o TMI?

Hey, go easy on the skinny cow!

Carol

Hi Carol,

Kevin wanted to know if you might be pregnant LOL....;) :D you know he is still a wiseass!! (talking about the craving for sweets) and yes I will be easy on the Skinny Cow but geez....those cones are addicting.

Have a good evening, chat soon

Laura

Hi Carol,

Kevin wanted to know if you might be pregnant LOL....;) :D you know he is still a wiseass!! (talking about the craving for sweets) and yes I will be easy on the Skinny Cow but geez....those cones are addicting.

Have a good evening, chat soon

Laura

OMG!:eek: The other night I dreamed I was pregnant!!! I think I'll make Jerry sleep in the basement from now on. :D

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Don't OD on corned beef.

Hi ladies I've been reading along on your thread here :) I have two suggestions first for the gal who craves sweets look for sugar free fat free fudgsicles in your frozen treats section. I'm a lifetime WW'er and these really helped me get to goal. 1 counts as no points and two counts as a point. They are very good for those sweet tooth cravings. They also have 2 grams of fiber which is key to feeling full longer. Ok for the gal who craves salty goodies try Pringles Fat Free sour cream and onion chips. They are excellent and taste much like oring rings! If you don't like sour cream and onion Lays also makes a line of fat free chips. Ruffles plain, Ruffles Cheddar and a Classic Lays chip are all available in fat free versions. When I plan on indulging in the salty foods I make sure to increase my water/fluids to help with water retention. I just tried the Special K water packets that you add to your water bottle. The iced tea flavor is good but very strong. I ended up adding more and more water as I drank it. It's a good way to get all that water in I guess lol I'll check back as I get closer to my cruise to see what goodies you have found to try :)

OMG!:eek: The other night I dreamed I was pregnant!!! I think I'll make Jerry sleep in the basement from now on. :D

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Don't OD on corned beef.

Carol,

LOL, you are too funny. Make sure you have the heat adjusted well for Jerry when he retires to the basement LOL.

Hi Crazed,

Thanks for the suggestions but I usually do if anything low-fat. I am not crazy about fat free products. The skinny cow ice cream cones are delicious but in the summer I do eat the regular fudge pops, they are very low in calories too.

Laura

Archived