What to do in Cypress

This July we will be on a 12 night eastern Med cruise. We know what we intend to do on most of the stops with the exception of Cypress. Most of the comments about the stop there have been negative.

We have been trying to find ( without sucess ) a hotel that would allow a group of 6 to use their facilities for a day use fee. In other words we would like to pay a fee to lounge around their pool and beach and use their stuff and have fun for the day. Has anyone had any sucess doing this on Cypress ?

We have found that they have a water park that sounds interesting. Have any cruisecritic members been there ? If so , how was it ? How did you get there and back ?

Hi,

My DH and I will be on a 12 night eastern med cruise this July on Royal Caribbean's Legend. We are still planning our excursions, and haven't yet decided what we will be doing in Cypress. We have seen some excursions that go to the countryside that may be interesting. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

By the way, DH and I love visiting Temecula for the wine festivals. We are going to the winter wine barrel tasting this weekend.

Cyprus This port took the most planning, as not much has been written about touring. Cyprus is amazing! Do not stay in Limassol, but venture outside. We were able to visit the birth place of Aphrodite, the pillar where St Paul was whipped, Roman mosaics rivaling any on the cruise, the underground Tombs of the Kings, and Kourion with its magnificent Graeco-Roman Theatre at sunset. We also had a fabulous lunch on the beach of the Mediterranean, the only place where we could actually walk out into the Med on the entire trip.

"My DH and I will be on a 12 night eastern med cruise this July on Royal Caribbean's Legend. We are still planning our excursions, and haven't yet decided what we will be doing in Cypress. We have seen some excursions that go to the countryside that may be interesting. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

By the way, DH and I love visiting Temecula for the wine festivals. We are going to the winter wine barrel tasting this weekend."

Hey Ladyvdr, looks like we will be on the same cruise, july 10th. You better bring an umbrella for the wine thing , we are expecting heavy rain starting saturday night.

Cyprus This port took the most planning, as not much has been written about touring. Cyprus is amazing! Do not stay in Limassol, but venture outside. We were able to visit the birth place of Aphrodite, the pillar where St Paul was whipped, Roman mosaics rivaling any on the cruise, the underground Tombs of the Kings, and Kourion with its magnificent Graeco-Roman Theatre at sunset. We also had a fabulous lunch on the beach of the Mediterranean, the only place where we could actually walk out into the Med on the entire trip.

Hi Eztravel: Did you book an excursion for Cyprus, or did you go on your own?

We are going on Legend on 5/21.

Thanks.

"

Hey Ladyvdr, looks like we will be on the same cruise, july 10th. You better bring an umbrella for the wine thing , we are expecting heavy rain starting saturday night.

Hi Xeriod,

Unfortunately DH and I had to cancel our Temecula weekend. I came down with the flu. We will try to make the "Big Red Weekend" in May. We are only about an hour to an hour and a half from Temecula, so the wine weekends are great for quick getaways.

You should sign up for the meet and mingle for our cruise. There are lots of people already signed up. We can't wait to visit Egypt on this cruise. So exciting.

When Renaissance was in business, we went to Greek Cypress, and took an excursion to the Troodos mountains. Really picturesque, and it also took us to a little town. Don't knnow of any hotels that would do what u want--it's kinda not like that...

"My DH and I will be on a 12 night eastern med cruise this July on Royal Caribbean's Legend. We are still planning our excursions, and haven't yet decided what we will be doing in Cypress. We have seen some excursions that go to the countryside that may be interesting. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

By the way, DH and I love visiting Temecula for the wine festivals. We are going to the winter wine barrel tasting this weekend."

Ladyvdr was correct in that you should sign up for the meet & mingle under the RCCL roll-call.. DW and I have never been to Temecula but we do have a goal of visiting a winery in every state. We've done about 12 so far. Maybe Temecula should be one of our stops.

Archived