Salon Appoinment?

mamascruisin

The boarding photo takes all of about 30 seconds to take, sometimes a 5 minute wait in line after you go through security.

We've been so disappointed, or rather too amused, by our boarding photos to even buy them. We've bypassed the line for years now, but if it is your first cruise or you have a large group of people it can be fun.

Go straight to the salon for your appointment as soon as you board.

Thanks! We are a group of 15 consisiting 8 adults and 7 children. I know my mother-in-law will want different groupings of pictures. I'll make sure she gets ours in first and head for the spa!

There are plenty of opportunities on different nights for family photos. If you keep everyone behind you waiting at boarding while your family is in different groupings, well some may remember you and not think too fondly of you :p

Tell her to just take a quick photo and move on, everyone behind you in line is anxious to board the ship :)

It's just a quick cheesey pic, not a formal photographer shot! Plus, there is usually only one or two phtographers out there, but several thousands of passengers boarding.

Thanks! We are a group of 15 consisiting 8 adults and 7 children. I know my mother-in-law will want different groupings of pictures. I'll make sure she gets ours in first and head for the spa!

The boarding picture is NOT the place to take different groups of photos. Take one quick group photo as you board. Then every night you will find different photo stations set up where you can do multiple pictures to your hearts content.

The boarding photo is real quick, haphazard, and right on the gangway as you make your way onto the ship. We generally try to avoid it, and it's not always easy! I'd say, don't stress over a hair appt .... board the ship, get your bearings, and make your way to the salon .. no need to run! :D

BTW, not sure if you know this already (is this your first cruise?) but the pictures taken by the ship's photogs are QUITE expensive! Like starting at $15 or $20 apiece for the smaller ones. They will sell you a package at a bit of a discount, but personally I wouldn't plan on coming home with a bunch of them. Usually I buy one or two of the formal night pix, and that's only if I really like them ....

I agree with the others -- don't stress out about either the pic (usually they only take 1 per group) or the appointment.

Although I have to say that we generally like our boarding photo -- we always look so happy to be getting on board. I tend to like candid photos more than the posed formal shots. Often it's the only one I purchase.

Archived