Guide for Israel??

juliejoe

We're doing the Holy Land cruise in October.

To date I have contacted Avitours, Genesis2000, Holy Lands Sun Tours, Suzanne Pomeranz and have not had a response from any of them. Some were e-mailed 4 days ago, some longer ago. I usually get a response from tour guides within a couple of days. Gideon Shor is already booked.

Does anyone have any other Israel private tour guide to recommend?

Thanks Mike. I have been watching my junk mail box and nothing yet. I always enjoy your pictures and reviews!

We are also considering 2 day tours, instead of the overnight in Israel - as you did. In fact, your itinerary is very appealing. I would like to see Masada and Jerusalem.

I saw that Avitours requires payment in full 3 mo. before the toru. With the political situation, we never know when a port could be cancelled. I could live with the non-refundable deposit of $100 but would not want to lose the whole amount. We could be a no-show due to no fault of our own.

We are a group of 8 - 10. Do you think Avitours would handle a group that size? I should probably try again to get a response from them.

Julie

Thanks Mike. I have been watching my junk mail box and nothing yet. I always enjoy your pictures and reviews!

We are also considering 2 day tours, instead of the overnight in Israel - as you did. In fact, your itinerary is very appealing. I would like to see Masada and Jerusalem.

I saw that Avitours requires payment in full 3 mo. before the toru. With the political situation, we never know when a port could be cancelled. I could live with the non-refundable deposit of $100 but would not want to lose the whole amount. We could be a no-show due to no fault of our own.

We are a group of 8 - 10. Do you think Avitours would handle a group that size? I should probably try again to get a response from them.

Julie

I booked Avitour for our group of 8 for the May 8th Pacific Princess. It is there sabbath now, he will respond after Saturday evening. I put the deposit and will put the balace when due on my credit card. If port is cancelled you will get it back from them. We where on the ill-fated

Pacific Princess where we missed 4 ports. Vietnam was pay there, Okinawa and Taipai where pre paid. Taipai credited us right away, Okinawa (Tokeyo headquarter) had to be forced by Visa to credit us. The credit card companys have a good refund policy.

Al :D

Thanks Al. I still love your avitar and can't get over how much you & your wife look like Joe and I.

I sent my first e-mail to Avitours early this week. I've just sent another - knowing that sometimes e-mails get lost somewhere and they may have not received it. I'll look for their response Sun. or Mon.

It really would not be good business sense to not refund a pre-paid tour if it's missed by someone who had no control. I'll ask them to confirm their policy - but expect you are right. As you said, the credit card companies are good to help with those situations too.

Thanks again,

Julie

Archived