New Holiday Inn Isla Verde?

w8ing2cruz

I've been reading that there is a new Holiday Inn in Isla Verde that should have opened sometime during the summer of 2004. Has anyone stayed there yet? How is the location and are there restaurants & bars onsite? Hoping to use priority club for our one night pre-cruise stay in April 2005. Thanks for any info!

• 3 weeks later...
After reading your post, I decided to look into this "new" hotel. I currently have two nights booked at the HI Express in SJ, but have read some not-so-good reviews on this hotel, so therefore, I've been looking for an alternative choice (it's hard to beat free nights from Priority Club points, but the reviews had me thinking twice, even though it only cost me 10,000 points/night).

I called the Priority Club 800 number and found out that the hotel is slated to open at the end of October '04. They are quoting rates at $225 for a double and $265 for a king OR 25,000 points. If you are looking to book soon, I would continue to call to confirm that they are still on target for the October opening date. In fact, I plan on calling the hotel (not the 800 number) later on to confirm that they are up and running.

They are located on the Isla Verde Beach and it sounds nice. I've decided to change my reservations. w8ing2cruise, I see you're from WI too, where art thou hail from?

jlane - I'm from the Lake Geneva area, not far from you! We're going to be in San Juan pre-cruise on Apr 2nd. We are booked at the HoJo for now at $137.50/night but I'm waiting for some reviews of this hotel. Will you be there before us?

• 2 weeks later...
Just called the new Holiday Inn (10/27/04) to find out if there was a live person...not so lucky, just got an answering machine saying leave my number.

FYI Hotel Info:
HI SAN JUAN
8020 TARTAK STREET
CAROLINA PUERTO RICO PUERTO RICO
787/791-2332

Response to Lake Geneva: Yes, not too far from Greendale; however, we sail on 2/13/05.

Just heard that maybe (this is not confirmed by me, but is an opinion of a San Juanian), that the "new" Holiday Inn may be simply a buy-out of an older Wyndham hotel, not a newly-built hotel.

Also, heard from this same individual, that the H.I. Express is not that bad (especially when booked for free). It does depend on one's level of expectations, but if you are on the island to spend time exploring the island (not just staying in your room), that HI Express should be fine.

Archived