sheppe Fun Tours

mresley

We tried to book with Woody and he was full and suggested Sheeppe Fun Tours, has anyone used them before? They have been great at answering my questions and getting back to me via e-mail. We are two ladies traveling alone and I want to make sure he is reputable.

The same thing happened to me. I e mailed Woody who suggested I email Sheppe and he answered right away and we booked with him for 2/12, off the Destiny. We are four ladies. I searched the Dominica forum and found some good things about him. I really wanted the four wheel vehicle that Woody has and I don't know what Sheppie drives. But it sounds like fun. WE have been to Dominica before . This is a private tour, so I know it will be good. If you book with someone else, not private, you often end up waiting 45 minutes at the pier while they round up more to fill up their van. When are you going to be in Dominica?

We are two ladies traveling on 2-26 on the Destany. We did not book private so I'm thinking he will be looking for more people.:( Hope to hear how your trip went. I am so excited about going to Doninica. It sounds beautiful and I want to make sure it's a great tour. Thanks for your reply.

HI. I will give you a review when we return. Sheppe said he would take us to the Emerald Pool, Mr. Nice fruit stand, some lookout, and a black sand beach, Mero, I think. I don't know about the beach, as Dominica is not known for beaches, but maybe it is a time and route factor. I really wanted to go back to Titou Gorge, but he said it was not on the route and we would not have enough time to backtrack. Do you have specifics on where you will be going with him?

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to get back to you before you leave for your Destiny vacation. We just returned from the Destiny,. We enjoyed Dominica. When we arrived on the pier , there was someone with a Sheppe Fun Tour sign across the street. Sheppe then arrived and said that he had mis read my tour date and so he could not take us. BUT, he said, he had an "associate" who would take us for the same price and tour. Sheppe was taking someone else on his tour, maybe a larger party,. So we went with Gerry , the four of us women in his van. Gerry was very nice. Rather quiet but did give us much information on the island. Sheppe later found us on Mero Beach and apologized about not taking us. The tour he and I had agreed on was to cost $50 each and include drinks for the day, but Gerry had no drinks, so Sheppe took off $5. We went to Emerald Pool, Mr. Nice Fruit Stand ,Mero Beach and the Morne Bruce lookout ( near the ship). We did this tour 3 years ago for $30, without Mero Beach. Mero beach was a bit basic, but the water was warm and calm. There is not much shade. There are two small stands or restaurants with drinks and a little food. So just make sure that Sheppe understands which date you will be there. I think that he really knew he booked two tours for one day and did not want to admit it. There are MANY taxi drivers at the pier wanting your business and they all go to certain places, mostly the same. Research where you want to go before hand. I think it is best to arrange ahead of time with someone. The Emerald Pool was great; a short hike up a hill and then down again. Swam in the pool, not too cold. Two dollars, I think, to get in and one dollar to use the bathroom there! If you have any questions, let me know and have fun on the Destiny!

I wanted to get back to you before you leave for your Destiny vacation. We just returned from the Destiny,. We enjoyed Dominica. When we arrived on the pier , there was someone with a Sheppe Fun Tour sign across the street. Sheppe then arrived and said that he had mis read my tour date and so he could not take us. BUT, he said, he had an "associate" who would take us for the same price and tour. Sheppe was taking someone else on his tour, maybe a larger party,. So we went with Gerry , the four of us women in his van. Gerry was very nice. Rather quiet but did give us much information on the island. Sheppe later found us on Mero Beach and apologized about not taking us. The tour he and I had agreed on was to cost $50 each and include drinks for the day, but Gerry had no drinks, so Sheppe took off $5. We went to Emerald Pool, Mr. Nice Fruit Stand ,Mero Beach and the Morne Bruce lookout ( near the ship). We did this tour 3 years ago for $30, without Mero Beach. Mero beach was a bit basic, but the water was warm and calm. There is not much shade. There are two small stands or restaurants with drinks and a little food. So just make sure that Sheppe understands which date you will be there. I think that he really knew he booked two tours for one day and did not want to admit it. There are MANY taxi drivers at the pier wanting your business and they all go to certain places, mostly the same. Research where you want to go before hand. I think it is best to arrange ahead of time with someone. The Emerald Pool was great; a short hike up a hill and then down again. Swam in the pool, not too cold. Two dollars, I think, to get in and one dollar to use the bathroom there! If you have any questions, let me know and have fun on the Destiny!

Thanks for your reply. We are looking into booking with someone before we leave so this has been a great help as there are only two of us and I'm afraid he will wait around till he fills the vehicle or trade us off on someone else. I'll have to think about it. I am excited about Dominica as it sounds beautiful. Did you have a wonderful trip?

Yes, we had a wonderful trip. No rain and in the 80's. The other good thing about Sheppe and Gerry are that they give a private tour, so you do not have to wait around on the pier waiting for the van to be filled up. That is why the price is a bit more. And Gerry got us to the Emerald Pool first and before MANY others. When we were leaving the Pool, there was a long line of people waiting at the end of the path to get into the pool, or at least near itl And the Destiny doesn't get to Dominica until 10, so you really want to get going. So, yes, I recommend Sheppe

Mresley, we have booked with Sheppee, just the two of us to start with which made it expensive, but have since found another 6 to go with us so it has brought the cost down but as merkelcg pointed out, he will not be waiting to fill his van up before he leaves. You may even find people, when you are on board, who would like to go with you

• 3 months later...

This may seem a bit late but just to let you know that we had a wonderful time with Sheppee's tours. Took us all over the island in a nice big airconditioned van with plenty of drinks supplied. We had a bit of a shock when we found we would be docking at a different berth to the one we thought we would ut Sheppee realised and met us with no problem. I can highly recommend him and his drivers. :)

Archived