Walgreens or liquor store South Beach

gypsyrose

We are staying 2 days at Marseilles, 1741 Collins Ave (near Lincoln Mall Rd, I think?). Is there a store nearby to pick up some beer, liquor and other items? Will not have a car. Thanks for any help. Also, do you know a really great place to eat in this area? I know there are TONS of places, just like other peoples recommendations.

We are staying 2 days at Marseilles, 1741 Collins Ave (near Lincoln Mall Rd, I think?). Is there a store nearby to pick up some beer, liquor and other items? Will not have a car. Thanks for any help. Also, do you know a really great place to eat in this area? I know there are TONS of places, just like other peoples recommendations.

Hy Gypsy!! There is a Walgreens on the corner of Collins and Lincoln Rd about two blocks from your hotel....

As for food, you can also walk to Lincoln Road Mall. My favorites:

Chinese: Miss Yip 1661 Meridian Ave. · Miami Beach

Sushi:World Resources | 719 Lincoln Road

Italian: TiramesU | 721 Lincoln Road

Van Dyke Café | 846 Lincoln Road

All of these are in Lincoln Road Mall

:D

Thank you so much! I can't remember from last year, does Walgreens sell alcohol? We will probably taxi to News Cafe 1 day for lunch. Do you know if our beach area near the hotel is as happening as the beach area near News Cafe? We enjoyed that so much last year.

Thank you so much! I can't remember from last year, does Walgreens sell alcohol? We will probably taxi to News Cafe 1 day for lunch. Do you know if our beach area near the hotel is as happening as the beach area near News Cafe? We enjoyed that so much last year.

To be honest with you, I'm not sure. I've never been inside that Walgreens..But there is a liquor store @ 915 Washington Ave.

I personally like the beach in that area MUCH better.....I had an event at the National hotel in October and we stayed at the hotel all weekend and the beach wasn't packed at all, quiet. So probably won't be your cup of tea if you like the happenings of the ocean Drive beach area.

Thanks for the address. We do like privacy some, but, hey, we're at Sobe. It definitely isn't Myrtle Beach. We had so much fun people watching last year. Maybe we will go for lunch at News and then hang out there for a while before heading back to our calmer beach. Aren't we near Delano? I have heard we have to go there for a mojito. Where is a neat spot to hang out in the evening for people watching? Sorry for all the ?????. You are a HUGE help!

Thanks for the address. We do like privacy some, but, hey, we're at Sobe. It definitely isn't Myrtle Beach. We had so much fun people watching last year. Maybe we will go for lunch at News and then hang out there for a while before heading back to our calmer beach. Aren't we near Delano? I have heard we have to go there for a mojito. Where is a neat spot to hang out in the evening for people watching? Sorry for all the ?????. You are a HUGE help!

The Delano is on 16th and Collins...great place for a very chic environment....I also like The Shore Club...they are sister hotels actually...so its the same type of ambiance....its on 19th and Collins. Either one of those are really nice and you will not be dissapointed. My suggestions is to wake up early and head over to the "happening" beach...spend the day getting some sun, work up an appetite and walk across the street to News Cafe for a late lunch...also perfect for people watching....take a stroll up Ocean Drive to help digest a little and then had back to your hotel to end the evening with a sunset on a more quiet calm beach.

IF you want go somewhere else for people watching...Lincoln Road Mall is the best place....you see all kinds of people from all walks of life...from homeless to artist, to maybe celebrties, skateboarders, dog lovers...everything...so many outdoor cafes to choose from and just sit down and sip on a glass of wine and some delicious appetizers.

How long are you in Miami?

Archived