self-serve tea on Westerdam?

murphyis1

Does the Westerdam have an area for 24 hour self service tea? Just a cup of tea, not the "high tea" served in the afternoon. I know I can always use room service, but are there other options when the dining room and Lido are closed? Thanks to all who reply!

I can't swear not, but I don't think so. The Lido is open for self-serve coffee a lot of the time, and I assume that would include tea, but I don't think it's 24 hours.

Suggestion: Bring a good thermos. If you think you may want tea at times when the Lido is closed, fill the thermos with hot water and take a teabag and a cup to your cabin. Voila - problem solved. Okay, maybe not ideal for the true tea afficionado, as the water will be a little cooler than ideal, but not TOO bad as a last resort.

Hope that helps. I hope the absence of 24-hour tea would not cause you to forego a Westerdam cruise - she's a lovely ship!

I stand corrected (well, actually, I'm sitting down, but you get the point). I admit, I wasn't posting from experience - I've been on Westerdam, but never up late enough to check whether the Lido was open 24 hours - too eager to get into that comfy bed and be rocked to sleep by the ocean.

Moral: Never think you know everything - and never underestimate the degree of pampering you get on a HAL cruise! :D

Archived