Info Handicap Inside cabin!!!

Prada Cowboy

I have booked for my mother in law and her 2 sisters a Inside cabin midship on deck 9 (preferred loaction), but hold as well a Handicap Inside on deck 3 forward. I don't know what to do...we would love her close to us, but she would be propably more comfortible in the Handicap. Has anyone stayed in an inside handicap cabin...are they bigger? Do they have a chair for the shower? Pictures or more Info would be great!!!

Thank you!!!

The doorways are larger to allow easier access using a wheelchair. Usually, the shower is more of a "roll-in shower", which allows you to get the wheelchair to the shower area. The cabins I've seen previously have had a permanent seat.

You can call Celebrity or e-mail them and ask for further clarification. I'm sure they would be able to answer all your questions.

I was in an inside handicapped cabin on the Constellation in 3-07. The room was large-fine for two people and ok for three but I think three would be crowded. The third person would sleep in a pull-out sofa.

The bathroom was large with plenty of room for my chair. There was a wall-mounted shower chair. I feel the shower chair was dangerous - it was covered with a grey naugaheid (sp?) plastic fabric that was as slippery as ice when it got wet! After the first shower, I just showered from my cair.

The staff on the ship is very accomodating to anyone in a chair. My experience with their accomodations customer service (used when planning the cruise) was not as impressive.

I wouldn't hesitate to book this room again and loved the ship when it comes to maneuvering in a wheel chair.

Have fun!

Joh

I have booked for my mother in law and her 2 sisters a Inside cabin midship on deck 9 (preferred loaction), but hold as well a Handicap Inside on deck 3 forward. I don't know what to do...we would love her close to us, but she would be propably more comfortible in the Handicap. Has anyone stayed in an inside handicap cabin...are they bigger? Do they have a chair for the shower? Pictures or more Info would be great!!!

Thank you!!!

Prefer or need? Handicap cabins are wheelchair accessible. In other words the door into the cabin and then into the bathroom actually are large enough to get through for those who cannot walk or step into a tub or stand to enter a shower and sit on a shower chair. The ships all carry shower chairs if that is the only accomadation your mother in law needs. Handicapped cabins are bigger in that a wheelchair needs a 5 foot radius for turning 360 degrees. They also have pull down bars in the closets to reach clothing and most of them have a pull down for the 3rd bunk to help save space for the disabled person/s.

Which ship are you looking at booking?

Archived