Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

For those of you that just sailed the Imagination, when was the waterpark area open (spray area, slide, and racing slides). Someone in another thread said the slides would not be open until the first sea day. :confused: I hope they are wrong.

For those of you that just sailed the Imagination, when was the waterpark area open (spray area, slide, and racing slides). Someone in another thread said the slides would not be open until the first sea day. :confused: I hope they are wrong.

Thanks, Becca- I read that post too and was wondering also. We love to get on the ship early to enjoy it. I hope we can slide - I'm the biggest kid out there!

We sailed on Feb 16th and the slides were not open when we boarded and it not open until the next morning at 10am. Sorry guys.:o

On a side note, we were watching "Hogan Knows Best" (I know mindless tv) last night and they were on the Imagination! It was so funny! It was before the dry dock.:)

Question for you recent Imagination cruisers....

Delta just changed our flight to 10:50 am the day we get off the ship. What time have they been starting the self-assist debark on Imagination? I'm trying to figure out if we can make a 10:50 or if I need to call Delta and fight for a different flight.

Thanks in advance!

I did not walk back there and check on Embarkation Day...but they are probably correct. On the other ships, the "Slide" into the pool has never been open on Embarkation Day.

On Embarkation Day, there is just is just to much going on. Most people don't even get on the ship until 1 pm or 2pm and then there is lunch, and then exploring and unpacking your bags...then Muster Drill....by that time, if it were open...it would be time to close it at 5pm.

I believe it opened at 10am on the first sea day and every day there after.

I know my son used it while we were in port several days (we did a back to back). If I am remembering correctly it was open from 10am - 5pm.

Delta just changed our flight to 10:50 am the day we get off the ship. What time have they been starting the self-assist debark on Imagination? I'm trying to figure out if we can make a 10:50 or if I need to call Delta and fight for a different flight.

Thanks in advance!

On the day we debarked with Self Assist...we were at the airport by 9AM. HOWEVER, there are so many variables. We had Platinum VIP Self Assist...which meant we were literally the very first ones off the ship. And there were no delays. We were on a B2B and the first cruise was delayed docking for an hour because another ship parked 9FT into the Imagination's space. Since we were just staying on the ship...it did not affect us.

But that is just an example of what "can" happen.

Another huge obstacle can be getting through Security at the Miami airport.

I have never seen such a mess. When we flew in a day ahead, the folks from the last cruise were all at the airport and it was a chaotic joke. And I think they had 2 Security people??? It depends if you are getting back on a day when lots of other ships coming back to port OR on a day with lesser traffic.

We got back on a Thursday...which is a day with the least amount of ship traffic....the 7 day ships are not unloading on that day.

So IF there are no delays getting the ship docked...and IF you get right off the ship with self assist and IF it is on a Thursday with light ship traffic....

you "may" be ok.

Personally, since Delta is the one that changed it...I would call them and have them change it to a later time.....because if you leave it like it is and you miss that flight...Delta is going to want to charge you to change the ticket.

I have been having problems with Delta lately - changing flights:mad:

I dont know what the problem has been. They just give my clients an automated call saying this is your new flight info. I personally think they should have a REAL PERSON call you in those cases.

Anyway, just call them. Tell them they changed your flight. Then tell them you need a later flight since you had chosen a later time to begin with for a reason (coming back from a cruise). They will change you to a later flight without charging you - believe me, I call all the time and do this.

Thanks for all the replies on the waterpark area. Kids will be so :( .

I cruised the Imagination last Feb, and it took us forever to clear customs (the ship itself - not us personally) - people were stressing left and right because they had scheduled early flights and couldn't get off the boat. This was also the week of the Valentine's snowstorm disaster in the northeast - flights were backed up for days from the middle of the week. People were stuck at the airport for days afterward trying to get home...

That being said, I'd play it safe and reschedule to a later flight.... Just less stress that way...

Thanks in advance!

I would change the time because we sailed on Feb 16th and the first self assist to debark wasn't able to do so until 8:35.:eek:

Yeh, that's what I figured. We never cut it that close, but I was just hoping to make it out. They can't get me to another flight until 4:00 pm. Didn't want to hang around in MIA that long.

Thanks for the help.

We will be driving down for our upcoming cruise on the Imagination. Can anyone tell me of tips for inexpensive parking near the port? What about if we plan on coming in the night before - is there a nearby hotel to stay at, where we could also leave our car?

Finally - is there a spot where I can review capers from past Grand Turk, Nasau cruises?

Thanks in advance - can't wait to escape the cold!

Quick questions:

(1) Sailing on the Imagination at the end of August (was on her back in Oct. 2000), and we have connecting outside cabins on the Empress Desk (E39/E43).

Is it possible to have both beds together in a connecting cabin while keeping the door(s) between the cabins open?

Sailing with my Wife, two kids (9 & 6), and MIL. Would like to have beds together in one of the rooms.

(2) We were upgraded to the Empress from the Riviera Deck as part of a promotion. These cabins appear to be just underneath the front doors of the showroom. Will noise be a problem? This will be the first time we are under a public space -all other cruises have been either lowest deck, or between cabin only decks.

(3) We won't be arriving on board the ship until 2'ish. What are the chances of still being able to reserve a cabana for HMC?

Thanks

Ed

On 3/1, Carnival called one set of self assist around 8:45 ish, then two sets of numbers, then general self assist. I was one of the first numbers after the general self assist & didn't make it to the airport until about 11am. The line through customs was long and s-l-o-w.

When you check into the airport for your departing flight (before the cruise), see if they'll put you on the standby list for the return flight. My flight was on Delta around 1:30pm, and they were calling a fair number of standbys.

cah14522 - I was just on the Imagination for the 2/25 cruise which included Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. I have the capers for you. I can't scan them until tomorrow, but I will get it done and get you a link to see them. Check back late tomorrow.:)

Quick questions:

we have connecting outside cabins on the Empress Desk (E39/E43).These cabins appear to be just underneath the front doors of the showroom. Will noise be a problem?

Hi Ed,

I was in E12, an inside cabin, and I must have been directly beneath the orchestra pit. Sounded like it anyway. I had late seating for dinner, and as I was getting ready, I could hear the show numbers. I could occasionally hear the muffled voice of the cruise director when he spoke. But not the other comedians. It could probably be drowned out by the TV. I felt heavy vibrations (that woke me up) when we pulled into port each morning. Other than these two times, it was one of the quietest cabins I've ever had - no noise from the neighbors, no noisy people up/down the hall, no crowd noise from the theater, etc. I didn't have a connecting door.

I loved the Empress Deck because it was only 1-3 flights of stairs from all the action. The biggest problem is that I *had* to pass by the lobby bar on the way back from shore, and there must have been a homing device on my S&S card. I had no choice but to stop for a drink of the day. ;)

Steve-n-steph - I still have the kids program on my to do list...finally getting back into reality here:( But I haven't forgot you.

Flashbackalternatives - we were on by around 12:30ish and were the first ones to get a cabana at HMC. However, shore excursion desk said that the previous week at that time they were all rented. So --it just depends. Get in line as soon you board and hope for the best. Wish you could rent online, would make it easier. Hope you get one, they are nice!

My kids loved the waterpark. Even when the slides weren't open my kids played in the remaining water in the splash area (the sprayers weren't on either at times) and had fun. Granted they are young and easily entertained though....:p

I will try to get a review and notes posted later this week.

cah14522 - I was just on the Imagination for the 2/25 cruise which included Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau. I have the capers for you. I can't scan them until tomorrow, but I will get it done and get you a link to see them. Check back late tomorrow.:)

Thanks! I will watch for them.

I am trying to make a huge decision here. Myself,Mr O and three little ones 12,10,and 7 need to decide between going on a four day or a five day..helllllllllllpppppppppp:confused: .The first one is on Aug 7th on the Imagination to key West and Cozumel for 4 days. The second one is on the Inspiration out of Miami on Aug 11th to Cozumel and Grand Cayman for 5 days. But...for almost 800 dollars more. This will be our very first cruise and yeppers you guessed it on a limited budget:( . It is going to be our family summer vacation and I am trying to make the best choice. Any suggestions? Is the 5 day one worth that much more a day? one more question (for now anyway):D The TA told me that getting just one Interior room with a gurantee would be sufficient for the five of us. ok,what the heck is a gurantee anyway? And is this room going to be big enough for five?<sigh> ok enough for now...thank you so much for all the advice!!!!! Ali;)

MrsO - I would do the 5 night Imagination on 8/11. Key West is really not much of a stop with children. It is mostly shopping and bars. My DH and I loved it, but I think it's not a great port with kids. The beach (Bailey's?) is man made. Cozumel, though, has great beaches for families. Why not the Imagination on 8/11? It goes to the Bahamas, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. All have beautiful beaches - you can do those cheap. Just get off the ship on Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay and the beaches are free. Just a think it's a great itinerary for a cruise on a budget.

As for 5 in a room, doable but tight. You can have 2 bunks, then they will put a rollaway in for the 5th. Have DH take his shower with the boys - Okay, gang, is there an age restriction?- in the spa so it can free up the bathroom for the girls.

Come on and join us!

This trip sounds great!!! My TA at carnival never mentioned this destination. I will have to check into it. Mr O is the only male going..hehe poor soul 4 girls in one room!!!

Hey -what are you doing on a cruise? Shouldn't you be saving for future weddings?:D

Guess Mr. O. can shower in the spa and let you girls get ready. Heard it's a really neat shower!

Come join us!

Here is our roll call if you book:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=712759

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO weddings just yet!!!:eek: lol going to give me a heart attack! I am trying to look up the cruise you stated on here but it seems to be more expensive than the 5 day cruise. I could be looking at the wrong listing,but trying to find any prices on these sites is enough to make me want to just take a canoe cruise all by my lonesome!!:rolleyes: If you can email me ,perhaps you can give me some suggestions? I would love that,thanks

Mrs. O - The 3 nighters only go to 1 port, Nassau, and stay there overnight. It's better than no vacation, but 4 nights would be more relaxing. If you can only do 4 nights, then you should pick the Imagination - 2 ports, Key West and Cozumel, and 1 sea day. The Fascination has same ports, but ship hasn't been refurbished yet. The Inspiration has been redone, and it's out of Tampa, but for some reason it only has 1 stop on its 4 niter - Cozumel, and 2 sea days. If you can do 5 nights, then I would definitely pick the Imagination - 3 ports, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau, and only 1 sea day. The Inspiration only goes to 2 ports on the 5 nighter - Cozumel and Grand Cayman, and has 2 sea days. Half Moon Cay has is an award-winning private island (owned by Holland America which is owned by Carnival!). The Imagination and The Triumph both are lucky to go there. Many people prefer Half Moon Cay over the Disney island, Castaway Cay.

But I get how hard it is to budget and pay for a vacation, especially a family of 4. Decisions, decisions......No matter what you choose, I'm sure you will enjoy your Carnival cruise.

Archived