Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

You'll have a great time. I was on the Imagination back in 2000. I can't wait to see the changes - we'll be on her again on the August 25th cruise.

Hey great to see your on the same cruise as us! We will have 23 people in our party all of us Canadian so look out for the crazy Canucks He he he!Ill be in stateroom U74 see yah there!

Just got back from my first cruise. It was on Imagination out of Miami. We got onboard at 1:30 or so but met some people who said they got on about 11:00. It was a great cruise and we had wonderful weather. Next time I'll bring my own coffee pot as the coffee is terrible. The food was only so-so to me but tons of it. We visited Jamaica and Grand Cayman. The ship was pretty rocky but I slept great; like being rocked to sleep. The entertainment was fun and the cruise director was hilarious. It was great to laugh and relax for a few days. We self debarked to catch a plane in Ft. Lauderdale and it was quick and easy. Those folks sure seem to have it down to a science.

Happy cruising.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey folks! Anyone recently gotten off Imagination and would like to share their experiences ,photos and stories with us Thanks Mikil

We just got off the ship on Saturday - what would you like to know?

We just got off the ship on Saturday - what would you like to know?

Hey Cah14522! What were your likes and dislikes about your cruise. How was the weather for you at this time of year? How was the new Deli on the ship and where is located? How was the entertainment? Any advise on the ports of call? Thanks for sharing

The scavenger hunt was on the ship - the time is listed in the Camp Carnival schedule, you met outside Camp and got the list of things to do, and were given like 20 minutes to complete and get back to Camp. It was a lot of fun....wear your running shoes!

:D We won this one on our Valor cruise...have the lovely ship on a stick to prove it!!

Still trying to find out the layout of two connecting cabins (where the beds are, and can they be pushed together in one of the cabins).

Saying in outside connecting cabins on the Empress Deck.

Thanks!

Ed

Sorry, can't help you there. We had two inside, non-connecting cabins this time around - a first for us and our kids. We've had connecting cabins in the past on other ships, and the beds were able to be pushed together. There are some nice pictures on the Carnival site on the various cabin types too - maybe that would help. Sorry I can't be more help on that question.

Hey Cah14522! What were your likes and dislikes about your cruise. How was the weather for you at this time of year? How was the new Deli on the ship and where is located? How was the entertainment? Any advise on the ports of call? Thanks for sharing

The ship is in great shape - seems very fresh and new. I liked the stir fry area. I didn't use the deli, but my kids did. It is at the rear, middle of the ship, past the buffet lines. It also doubles as the omlet station for breakfast. The pizza stand is just to the right of the deli as you are looking towards the back of the ship. Dining room service was just OK, in my opinion, as compared to other cruises. Waiter was a little shy, and definitely suffered from a language barrier issue which made it tough for him to talk to us. Entertainment - OK, but not great. Seemed like the same shows that we saw on our last cruise about this time last year. The comedian and juggler on the second night (?) were both very funny. The first night's show could be skipped, in my opinion. Weather was great while we were at the ports - sunny and beautiful! I loved Grand Turk and HMC - probably the nicest beaches I have ever been on, and very relaxing. Nassau was the same as it was last time we were there. Let's see, what else - seas were a little rough on two nights; didn't bother me or my family much, but I saw plenty of other passengers who were not having much fun. I used the ginger tablets this time - no RX / patches, etc. Seemed to work great, although I normally have more trouble with balance / light headedness once I return home for the next week or two (which I'm experiencing right now).

Any other questions, please let me know and I will try to help!

Will you share what you did on the islands? I'm thinking of the golf cart rental on Turk - head up to the lighthouse, stop at Pillory and Governors Beaches for some snorkeling and wind up at Margaritaville for a cocktail or two. I'd be interested to know what you did. Did you do any of the excursions on Half Moon or just beach it? Also, still trying to figure out what to do in Nassau. Any ideas? thanks!

Will you share what you did on the islands? I'm thinking of the golf cart rental on Turk - head up to the lighthouse, stop at Pillory and Governors Beaches for some snorkeling and wind up at Margaritaville for a cocktail or two. I'd be interested to know what you did. Did you do any of the excursions on Half Moon or just beach it? Also, still trying to figure out what to do in Nassau. Any ideas? thanks!

This was pretty much just a beach / shopping vacation for us. We did the beach at both Grand Turk and HMC - and pretty much nothing else at either of those. In Nassau we walked around and shopped - kids had had enough of the sun / beach by then. I wish we had seen more at Grand Turk, like the lighthouse that I've heard about, but we never made it past the beach and then sitting by the pool at Margaritaville. HMC is a beautiful beach - might be the nicest I've ever seen, so that is definitely the place to do the beach day.

Has anyone done the 4 day itinerary lately???

I'd love to get a copy of some capers if there are any floating around out there.

I 'm also booked on the four day to cozumel and Key West. I have been searching all over the web for those elusive Capers...no luck yet!

This will be our first "child-free" cruise. My Dad will be staying with my children. We booked this very last minute.

corinnv, at the very least i'll bring back my capers and email them to you when we get back :)

Thanks... Here is an email: threeroos@gmail.com I dont mind posting that one....in case I get 3000 spam letters;)

BTW I went to college in Atlanta..Oglethorpe U, for a short time. I loved it there! The ship gets in to cozumel late, so we are still deciding what to do!

I said I would write a review when I came back and here it is! I will post a link to my pictures when I get them online. Let me know if you have any questions!

Before the cruise: We flew in two days before the cruise. It was very easy and I felt more relaxed knowing I was there. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Miami. The hotel was very nice. The room was new, the TV was huge for a hotel, and the beds were very comfortable! The location was not the best but it was ok. We were in a higher room so we didn’t hear the construction outside.

EMBARKATION: It took us about 30 minutes to get on board. We got there around 11:30 and it was not crowded at all. We really didn’t have to wait in line at all.

SHIP: The Imagination looked great! We ended up with a handicap room on the Empress deck. I booked an ocean view guaranty and that’s what we got. The room was bigger then a normal room. The bathroom was bigger and so was the shower. We were on the aft of the ship and it was really nice view when we left ports.

The Serenity Deck was awesome! The chairs were great and the “hot tubs” were nice too. The chairs were very hard to come by. There were lots of chair hogs on the ship and people were getting pretty annoyed.

SERVICE: I have never seen so many happy people! Everyone always had a smile. I have nothing negative to say about anyone who worked on the ship. It was sad when we got off and everyone was not so nice!

DINING: The dining room was fun! We had great tablemates. It was 4 couples and we all were around the same age. All the food I had was really good! I really liked the chocolate melting cake, shrimp cocktail, salads, filet mignon, lobster, shrimp, and seafood pasta. The portions are kinda small. Everyone was pretty on the ball with the food and drinks. We are at 8:15. It was a great time to eat dinner. I never felt rushed to get to dinner. There was always time for a nap. We ate in the dining room every night.

Other food: The sandwich station was awesome! The country turkey with swiss was gooooood! It so easy picking out whatever you want to eat. The room service was ok but I wish they had more choices, like french fries! The tea was nasty and the juice was warm. The Sushi bar was ok. I’ve had much better at home. My husband ate the Mongolian Barbeque and thought it was pretty good. He says the lines were never long and the service was fast! We enjoyed eating breakfast outside each day and watching the water.

Soda card- If you like soda get one! I got my moneys worth out of it! I bet I had 10 a day.

CAMP CARNIVAL: I don’t have kids so we didn’t use it. But I was worried being on Spring Break there would be tons on kid. Yes, there were tons of kids but we didn’t see them often. Camp Carnival kept them very busy. Yay to Camp Carnival!

If you have teenagers be careful. I overheard many conversations about kids “hooking up” on the ship. We walked into a lounge one night to find lots of teenagers in the booths getting pretty close. Just be careful letting them roam the ship at night.

ENTERTAINMENT: We went and saw the adult comedians and they were so funny! The shows were SO cheesy! We got up and left because it was just too much. The dancers were wearing thongs. The show was said to be PG but some parents seemed a little upset about the outfits. The Newlywed Not So Newlywed show was great! If you get a chance go see it! Noonan the cruise director was really funny!

PORT OF CALLS AND SHORE EXCURSIONS:

Grand Turk- We took the Dune Buggie excursion. I was not really sure I would like it but I LOVED it!!! My husband drove the whole time. It was well worth the money! We got to see the whole island with stops at great views and the light house. I highly recommend it! The rest of the day we went to Margaritaville and the beach. The bottom on the ocean is very rocky so be careful. The island was beautiful.

Half Moon Cay- Just a beach day for us. This place was amazing! We did lots of walking and exploring the island. I loved laying on the mat we rented and relaxing in the water. I have never seen or felt sand like that. The food for lunch was good but the lines were really long. I would love to go back.

Nassau- We did the Stuarts Cove Snorkel with the sharks. It was not ship excursion. The bus ride was about 45 minutes to the location. We stopped at 3 different spots. The first one was over an airplane that was used in Jaws 4. We saw lots of fish and got some great pictures. The second stop was over a swallow reef. There were more colorful fish at this spot. Then the last stop was over the sharks. They lower a box of bait down and the sharks swam around it. We got in the water and watched them. WOW that was crazy! They were closer then I thought they would be. The whole excursion only cost $48 per person! We took the bus over to Atlantis and looked around. The place is something. I would love to stay there if we ever go back. At least I can say we’ve been. Then we checked out the Straw Market. I’ve never been called pretty lady so much in my life! We bought a few things and left. I got my students flutes that said Bahamas. They loved them!

DISEMBARKATION: We had Carnival take our luggage off for us. We ate and walked around the ship until we were called. It took about an hour to get off. We took the bus to the airport. (Here is a hint- Don’t fly American Airlines. We got home an entire day late!!!)

OVERALL: This was an amazing vacation. We had some a fun time on the ship and at the ports. I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone!

I said I would write a review when I came back and here it is! I will post a link to my pictures when I get them online. Let me know if you have any questions!

Before the cruise: We flew in two days before the cruise. It was very easy and I felt more relaxed knowing I was there. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Miami. The hotel was very nice. The room was new, the TV was huge for a hotel, and the beds were very comfortable! The location was not the best but it was ok. We were in a higher room so we didn’t hear the construction outside.

EMBARKATION: It took us about 30 minutes to get on board. We got there around 11:30 and it was not crowded at all. We really didn’t have to wait in line at

SHIP: The Imagination looked great! We ended up with a handicap room on the Empress deck. I booked an ocean view guaranty and that’s what we got. The room was bigger then a normal room. The bathroom was bigger and so was the shower. We were on the aft of the ship and it was really nice view when we left ports.

The Serenity Deck was awesome! The chairs were great and the “hot tubs” were nice too. The chairs were very hard to come by. There were lots of chair hogs on the ship and people were getting pretty annoyed.

SERVICE: I have never seen so many happy people! Everyone always had a smile. I have nothing negative to say about anyone who worked on the ship. It was sad when we got off and everyone was not so nice!

DINING: The dining room was fun! We had great tablemates. It was 4 couples and we all were around the same age. All the food I had was really good! I really liked the chocolate melting cake, shrimp cocktail, salads, filet mignon, lobster, shrimp, and seafood pasta. The portions are kinda small. Everyone was pretty on the ball with the food and drinks. We are at 8:15. It was a great time to eat dinner. I never felt rushed to get to dinner. There was always time for a nap. We ate in the dining room every night.

Other food: The sandwich station was awesome! The country turkey with swiss was gooooood! It so easy picking out whatever you want to eat. The room service was ok but I wish they had more choices, like french fries! The tea was nasty and the juice was warm. The Sushi bar was ok. I’ve had much better at home. My husband ate the Mongolian Barbeque and thought it was pretty good. He says the lines were never long and the service was fast! We enjoyed eating breakfast outside each day and watching the water.

Soda card- If you like soda get one! I got my moneys worth out of it! I bet I had 10 a day.

CAMP CARNIVAL: I don’t have kids so we didn’t use it. But I was worried being on Spring Break there would be tons on kid. Yes, there were tons of kids but we didn’t see them often. Camp Carnival kept them very busy. Yay to Camp Carnival!

If you have teenagers be careful. I overheard many conversations about kids “hooking up” on the ship. We walked into a lounge one night to find lots of teenagers in the booths getting pretty close. Just be careful letting them roam the ship at night.

ENTERTAINMENT: We went and saw the adult comedians and they were so funny! The shows were SO cheesy! We got up and left because it was just too much. The dancers were wearing thongs. The show was said to be PG but some parents seemed a little upset about the outfits. The Newlywed Not So Newlywed show was great! If you get a chance go see it! Noonan the cruise director was really funny!

PORT OF CALLS AND SHORE EXCURSIONS:

Grand Turk- We took the Dune Buggie excursion. I was not really sure I would like it but I LOVED it!!! My husband drove the whole time. It was well worth the money! We got to see the whole island with stops at great views and the light house. I highly recommend it! The rest of the day we went to Margaritaville and the beach. The bottom on the ocean is very rocky so be careful. The island was beautiful.

Half Moon Cay- Just a beach day for us. This place was amazing! We did lots of walking and exploring the island. I loved laying on the mat we rented and relaxing in the water. I have never seen or felt sand like that. The food for lunch was good but the lines were really long. I would love to go back.

Nassau- We did the Stuarts Cove Snorkel with the sharks. It was not ship excursion. The bus ride was about 45 minutes to the location. We stopped at 3 different spots. The first one was over an airplane that was used in Jaws 4. We saw lots of fish and got some great pictures. The second stop was over a swallow reef. There were more colorful fish at this spot. Then the last stop was over the sharks. They lower a box of bait down and the sharks swam around it. We got in the water and watched them. WOW that was crazy! They were closer then I thought they would be. The whole excursion only cost $48 per person! We took the bus over to Atlantis and looked around. The place is something. I would love to stay there if we ever go back. At least I can say we’ve been. Then we checked out the Straw Market. I’ve never been called pretty lady so much in my life! We bought a few things and left. I got my students flutes that said Bahamas. They loved them!

DISEMBARKATION: We had Carnival take our luggage off for us. We ate and walked around the ship until we were called. It took about an hour to get off. We took the bus to the airport. (Here is a hint- Don’t fly American Airlines. We got home an entire day late!!!)

OVERALL: This was an amazing vacation. We had some a fun time on the ship and at the ports. I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone!

Great review!! Thanks!! DW and I will be doing this Itinerary on the Imagination in May. A couple of questions: Any idea when they start lunch on the beach at HMC? We're trying to avoid having to stand too long in those lines... Also, any idea when is the best time to get to the Serenity deck to get in chair in the morning? Is Carnival doing ANYTHING about the chair hog problem?? Any info would be helpful! Again, THANKS and I'm glad you had such a great cruise!!!!! :)

Great review!! Thanks!! DW and I will be doing this Itinerary on the Imagination in May. A couple of questions: Any idea when they start lunch on the beach at HMC? We're trying to avoid having to stand too long in those lines... Also, any idea when is the best time to get to the Serenity deck to get in chair in the morning? Is Carnival doing ANYTHING about the chair hog problem?? Any info would be helpful! Again, THANKS and I'm glad you had such a great cruise!!!!! :)

This is was BEST itinerary ever! I think lunch starts at 11:30. But I am not sure. Earlier you get to the Serenity deck the better. A lot of people had gone to the lido deck when we were pulling out of Miami. We went straight to the Serenity deck and waved goodbye to Miami. Carnival did nothing about the chair hogs. There were towels all over the chairs.

Beachteach - You're the best! Thank you for posting your review. I can't wait until August! Fess up - did you try the new water slides?:D

I wish we would have tired the slides. There were closed several times because of wind. I saw lots of kids loving the new area.

Just got back from my first cruise. It was on Imagination out of Miami. We got onboard at 1:30 or so but met some people who said they got on about 11:00. It was a great cruise and we had wonderful weather. Next time I'll bring my own coffee pot as the coffee is terrible. The food was only so-so to me but tons of it. We visited Jamaica and Grand Cayman. The ship was pretty rocky but I slept great; like being rocked to sleep. The entertainment was fun and the cruise director was hilarious. It was great to laugh and relax for a few days. We self debarked to catch a plane in Ft. Lauderdale and it was quick and easy. Those folks sure seem to have it down to a science.

Happy cruising.

What did you guys do in Ports? We are still torn over what to do. We want to go to Sunset Beach Resort in Jamacia, but it is over in Montego Bay, not Ocho Rios! In Grand Caymans We want to snuba, but I'd rather see fish than stingrays. I'm so Torn about it all!

BeachTeach! Thanks so much for your great review. Im sure it will help many including myself.All Carnival has got to do is post a sign for chair hogs thats say something like "Please do NOT reserve lounge chairs with towels" First come first serve. If your not sitting in it then its vacant right? I myself do NOT tolerate chairhogs that get up early moringing and go to the lounge chairs and through five or six towels on their claim. I myself wait around for a few minutes or so and if no one is there I just help myself to home.CHAIR HOGS BEWARE!!! Thanks again BeachTeach

Popsec - what are your plans for the Eastern leg of your B2B? Seems like you're a planner and I'm curious as to what you have planned for Grand Turk, Half Moon and Nassau. Oh and PLEASE write a review when you return - we'll be boarding May 5th and the excitement is building!!!

Archived