Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

July 28 cruise is Nassau, Half Moon, and Grand Turk (can't remember what order, though) - 5 days.

Libby

Exactly opposite of your list with Grand Turk 1st....my absolute favorite ports. Be sure to check out Margueritaville in Grand Turk!

CookC, we're on the 7/28 sailing too - I tried to start a Roll Call, but no one else has signed in yet. Are you with a group, your family, or what?

Starting to get excited!

Libby

Just my DD- her 21st b-day ;)

Which ports are you doing? I loved Grand Turk & Half Moon Cay on the 1st cruise and Grand Cayment was awesome on the 2nd cruise!

Grand Turk first (7-2:30)

Half Moon Cay, Next (9:30-6:00)

Nassau- Last (7-5).

We only have one excursion planned at this time (Dolphin Swim in Nassau).

I didn't want to plan anything in Grand Turk because of the short time we are there. We are planning on Margueritaville for sure!!!

We're planning to do the dolphin swim in Nassau also........are you doing it thru Carnival or on your own? We'll probably do it on our own. We are a group of 8......4 girls with special needs celebrating high school graduations and their 4 moms. The girls are getting so excited! Moms are too! :D

My dh and I were in Grand Turk in November; he snorkeled and I went on the on/off bus to the lighthouse, prison, etc., then we hung around M'ville awhile before we left. That was one wild place!! I feel sure we'll probably just have a beach day there this time.

We had a cabana at Half Moon and it was amazing - best day of our cruise. I haven't been to Nassau in several years, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it has changed.

I'm so excited. When we originally booked this 06/26 cruise the Imagination was to dock in Calica. We chose it specifically so we could take our grandkids to XCaret, which we (but not the grandkids) had done before during a land vacation. Well, then the itinerary changed to dock in Cozumel instead of Calica. We were worried about the time to get from Coz to Xcaret, so we delayed booking the excursion. By the time we decided to go ahead, they had removed the Xcaret excursion from on-line booking - and we didn't want to risk not getting back to the ship on time if we went on our own. Today, they added the Xcaret excursion back in - so we jumped on it! With the time required to get back & forth to the mainland, this won't be as nice a day as when the ship was going to be in Calica, but at least we can make good on a promise to the grandkids.

Popsec,

Do you remember the name of the resort area you went to in Grand Caymen?

I'll never forget the name as it was one of the most gorgeous places I'd ever been to. It was Treasure Island and we found out about it from one of the Carnival crew. There were 3 seperate pools, a stunning beach, superb snorkeling, plenty of lounge chairs and a swim up bar. The day we were there it was so peaceful...only a few residents by the pool and 4 crew members showed up. It was a $4 pp cab ride from the port and on the way back we just went across the street and caught a city bus for $2.50 pp. It was on the way to 7 mile beach. Here are a few pics we took while we were there....

gc1.jpg

gc2.jpg

gc3.jpg

gc4.jpg

Thanks for the info and pics.

Last time in Grand Cayman we drove to Rum Point and Finger Cay. Excellent! but we want to try something different.

What did the resort charge you?

No charge at all! When we got there we saw signs posted that it was for the use of guests only....same thing when we walked back towards the beach. So, we were headed out and saw a young woman at an outside information booth in front of the place. We told her that we were on the ship and one of the crew had told us about Treasure Island but they must have been mistaken because we saw that it was posted. She told us that they had "an arrangement" with Carnival and we were free to use the 3 pools and beach. She said the only problem was that the bar wouldn't be opening til noon (worked great for us because we're not daytime drinkers ;) ). She even told us about catching the city bus to save money when we wanted to head back to the port (only $2.50 pp instead of $4 pp cab ride). Other than a few of the resorts guests, the only others that showed up while we were there were 4 crew members. The place is awesome!....you should really check it out!

I'm new to this thread, but the info. is really helpful. I am getting married embarkation day on a 3-night Bahamas cruise leaving Nov. Wedding guests leave and then we stay on for the B2B to western car. I would love to see the capers from either itinerary.

In Cozumel, besides shopping we like to take the ferry over to Playa Del Carmen and shop there as well. There is a beach right there. a playground as well as many shops to enjoy. Love the ferry ride as well!:)

I'm new to this thread, but the info. is really helpful. I am getting married embarkation day on a 3-night Bahamas cruise leaving Nov. Wedding guests leave and then we stay on for the B2B to western car. I would love to see the capers from either itinerary.

Capers for 5 day..... Ochos Rios & Grand Caymen

2331217850103480868ukokwZ_th.jpg

Archived