Imagination Thread Only!

mikil321

Thanks Memphis. I had a great time & would do it again in a heartbeat. It's the first time I'd ever consider repeating an itinerary & ship.

That makes me so happy to hear that! I'm going on the same intinerary in 3 weeks! I have a couple questions.

What did you do in Nassua?

What time did you have dinner? Did you enjoy the dining room and the food? How fancy was formal night? Last year I went on the Inspiration and it was not even close to how formal it sounds on the boards.

Thanks!

What did you do in Nassua? What time did you have dinner? Did you enjoy the dining room and the food? How fancy was formal night? Last year I went on the Inspiration and it was not even close to how formal it sounds on the boards.

Thanks!

I've been to Nassau a lot, so I just taxied to Cabbage Beach (the public beach on Paradise Island). It was fantastic for people watching, but the water was COLD, and there was a some surf. If you're looking for an idyllic Caribbean beach, I'd suggest Cable Beach (the Wyndham). There's a lot of info on the Bahamas boards about it. I stay on Cable Beach when I do a land vaca to Nassau but wanted something a little different this time. If you don't mind haggling with vendors, the Straw Market is a not-to-be-missed experience. A lot of people give it negative reviews, but I like it. Depends on your tolerance for hearing "Hey Lady" every few minutes & your willingness to smile & say "no thanks" a lot.

Dining room is sooooooo subjective. I usually cruise w/Celebrity, and I prefer Celebrity by a wide margin for entrees, salads, desserts, and service. Carnival has my vote for soup and appetizers. My filet on the first night was overdone, but it was perfect after I sent it back. The last night, I ordered a medium rare filet & it came out as a perfect medium.

That said, I didn't have a single bad meal in the dining room, and it's much better than what I normally eat at home. I wish I were in that dining room right now.

How fancy on formal night? I was pleasantly surprised. 80% of women wore cocktail dresses, and the balance wore prom/bridesmaid dresses and Sunday best. I saw one or two women in dress pants & a snazzy top or pretty wrap. Nearly all the men wore suits. I didn't notice a single person REALLY under dressed. (Many people changed after dinner, but many stayed dressed all night.) I also saw some really pretty dresses on casual nights.

When do you cruise? Where is your cabin? I'm suffering from post-cruise letdown. Thankfully, my remedy is to keep talking about the cruise on these boards. ;)

Mikil, The balcony had 2 plastic chairs and a small table.

Beccadobby, I am pretty sure some people had magnets on the the doors. People definitely taped signs to the doors.

Our formal night on the 4 night cruise was the day we were in Key West.

For the 12-14 year olds they have GuitarHero (not sure about III) My son was 9 when we cruised and they would not allow him to play. He was bummed. He managed to find other games.

Have a great cruise...

Dayna

Just sailed earlier this month.

Club 02 did have XBox 360 Guitar Hero, some racing game , Madden 06, Call of Duty, MLBO 7 and some NHL game etc.

Thanks for answering the guitar hero question for the teens. im thinking of bringing mine for the few teens in our party.I can see it now. Ten teens in my room partying with guitar hero.Thanks again Mikil

Daynab! Thanks also for the information with guitar hero and the question I had about the chairs on the balconys.Thanks Mikil

Thanks for answering the guitar hero question for the teens. im thinking of bringing mine for the few teens in our party.I can see it now. Ten teens in my room partying with guitar hero.Thanks again Mikil

Daynab! Thanks also for the information with guitar hero and the question I had about the chairs on the balconys.Thanks Mikil

You might want to ask about TV hookups on those new flat screens. I called myself looking for one last month and could not find any....

LHP! Thanks for you input here but I found a thread about Category 12 suites with lots of photos. (I think I posted the link above somewhere) One guy even took a photo of the RCA jack hookups from the LCD Flat screen TV. Looks easy to get to. Guess Guitar Hero is a happening thing in my room for the teens He he he

Any Capers for the Imagination 5 night Grand Cayman and Ochos Rios itinerary?

And how many formal nights and what night?

Thanks,

Maggie

I would love to be able to help you out with this but I don't have a scanner. I can tell you that there is one formal night and it is the first full sea day.:)

I would love to be able to help you out with this but I don't have a scanner. I can tell you that there is one formal night and it is the first full sea day.:)

Did you enjoy Ochos Rios? I was reading another thread about staying away from Jamaica, and now I am worried.

Maggie

LHP! Thanks for you input here but I found a thread about Category 12 suites with lots of photos. (I think I posted the link above somewhere) One guy even took a photo of the RCA jack hookups from the LCD Flat screen TV. Looks easy to get to. Guess Guitar Hero is a happening thing in my room for the teens He he he

That explains it...we did not have a Cat 12 suite!! :(

Still had a good time!!! :)

I'm 29. I usually enjoy the spring break crowd a little. The high school kids can get annoying but it's nice to have people closer to your own age on there.

You can sneak liquor on. I bought a huge plastic bottle of Schmirnoff Vodka and put it in my suitcase a few years ago. It got through no problem. People do this on a regular basis. It's frowned upon by some people on these boards.

:-( - Hopefully someone at Carnival is not reading this!

Did you enjoy Ochos Rios? I was reading another thread about staying away from Jamaica, and now I am worried.

Maggie

I read some of that thread also.

It is not keeping us away. Even AFTER reading the thread, I set up a group cruise going to Ocho Rios onboard the Freedom. I personally like to sail on the group cruises that I offer. This one is no exception - DH, our 3 kids, and even my Mom are booked on it!

Jamaica is one port we have not done, so we are excited. Our cruise is not until Nov. 29, 2009. So, I am sure all these issues will be resolved by then!

Last year

DH, DS, and DD did sting ray city with Cap. Marvins.

DS, Mom, and I did the island tour (photo ops, rum factory, turtle farm, boachwains -sp?, and hell)

None were excursions from the ship- we booked ours directly through Captain Marvins.

Archived