Air New Zealand

mrscruisequeen

Hi All....anyone have any information on ANZ 777 aircraft. We will be leaving next month for 2 nights in Auckland, 12 nights on the Sapphire Princess.:D

Our flight form San Francisco in non stop to Auckland. Coming home from Sydney,(on a 767) we change planes in Auckland and fly the rest of the way on a 777.

Since this if by far our longest flight ever, what do we need to know about food, service or anything that would be helpful.

We have ordered compression socks that were recommened, so hopefully that will help with circulation in our legs.

Thanks in advance....Jeanne

You might want to check out Seatguru for info on best seat selection. Also the airline website http://www.airnewzealand.co.nz/travelinfo/ontheplane/inflightentertainment/default.htm

offers some insight to the onboard services available.

If you take aisle seats you will be able to get up easier and walk around to help the blood circulation.

I always wear something very comfortable and take along a hoody or something warm as the cabins often get quite cool.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy

P.S. We flew AirNZ back in the early 90's -- awesome service!:)

Hi All....anyone have any information on ANZ 777 aircraft. We will be leaving next month for 2 nights in Auckland, 12 nights on the Sapphire Princess.:D

Our flight form San Francisco in non stop to Auckland. Coming home from Sydney,(on a 767) we change planes in Auckland and fly the rest of the way on a 777.

Since this if by far our longest flight ever, what do we need to know about food, service or anything that would be helpful.

We have ordered compression socks that were recommened, so hopefully that will help with circulation in our legs.

Are you flying business class or coach. I returned in November business class and it was excellent. I am not familiar with coach, but I can refer you to another forum which is excellent for specific flight information on Air New Zealand. http://flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=440 Be sure to ask you question here, and review previous answered postings. All in all, from what I've read, even though I don't know the specifics of coach, Air New Zealand is the best airline from the US to the South Pacific. I've not flown Qantas, or United to the South Pacifc, but again, from what I've read, Air New Zealand is the best. Therefore at the least, no matter what class you're in, you're on the airline the will give you the best service. Oh, and call Air New Zealand for you seat assignments if you've not done so already. 1-800-262-1234. You can go to seatguru.com to see a layout of seats and which might be the best seat. http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air_New_Zealand/Air_New_Zealand_Boeing_777-200.php Also, there's seatexpert.com with simular information.

For a cool interactive website of the interior of a Air New Zealand website, go to this site. It's a 747-400, but generally the interior, and mentioning of features will be the same. http://erequest.airnz.co.nz/us/explore/explore_flh.htm

Have fun.

Mrscruisequeen, we are taking your exact trip Feb 09 on the Diamond Princess. Would love to hear all of your experiences when you return. Please come back and give a review including weather, excursions, favorite places, etc. Enjoy! Wish we were going now.

We're also flying ANZ next month from SFO. We leave on the 14th...fly into Auckland, change planes, and onto Sydney. We booked aisle seats, just so we can easily get up and walk around.

Karyn

Mrscruisequeen, we are taking your exact trip Feb 09 on the Diamond Princess. Would love to hear all of your experiences when you return. Please come back and give a review including weather, excursions, favorite places, etc. Enjoy! Wish we were going now.

CrusinKiki.....Will try to do that...but, just in case I forget you can send me an e-mail @ j_glenn@att.net (that's j underscore)

Would be more than happy to give a nice Minnesotan the information:D

(or anyone else, of course!!)

Jeanne

Archived